Trouble claiming ppi back from a company called 'credit plus'

2»

Comments

• Thanks, but I wasn't confident enough to do it alone as I am not clued up on these matters. There's no need to be so patronizing. I only asked for help from a solicitors as these particular ones were recommended to me and only take 15% rather than 20% as a lot do.
    Be sure to write to your solicitors telling them you no longer want them to represent you in this matter.
    A PPI complaint should take only about two months to complete, two years is unacceptable.

Don't be surprised if the solicitor charges you for work already done though.
    Sorry if this answer appears patronising..
  • Be sure to write to your solicitors telling them you no longer want them to represent you in this matter.
    A PPI complaint should take only about two months to complete, two years is unacceptable.
    Agreed
    Don't be surprised if the solicitor charges you for work already done though.

But could probably be responded to with a complaint that they were incompetent.
  • dazza12
    dazza12 Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've used Creditplus myself, twice in the past. They are both a broker and a dealer - they arrange the credit via companies like Santander and Advantage Finance, and also source the car for you.

It's worth waiting until you have the SAR before moving further on this. Sometimes Creditplus arrange the insurances (GAP, PPI, Mechanical cover etc) and sometimes the loan company does. This may also be why you're having trouble getting the right information - it may be with the loan company itself.
    Competition wins:
    2010 - approx £450. 2011 - approx £800. 2012 - approx £300. 2013 - nothing so far!
  • dazza12 wrote: »
    I've used Creditplus myself, twice in the past. They are both a broker and a dealer - they arrange the credit via companies like Santander and Advantage Finance, and also source the car for you.

It's worth waiting until you have the SAR before moving further on this. Sometimes Creditplus arrange the insurances (GAP, PPI, Mechanical cover etc) and sometimes the loan company does. This may also be why you're having trouble getting the right information - it may be with the loan company itself.

Finally! Someone who has dealt with these guys.

Thanks for your message - I have asked with the actual creditors (they were a company called British Credit Trust) they've assured me that it wasn't them to added the PPI, and that it most certainly was Credit Plus. Solicitors have dealt with both companies and have always ended up back at Credit Plus.

Thanks very much, I shall put aside £10 and ask for a full breakdown of my agreement which (should!) outline the PPI that was included in my loan.

Jess
  • I am going through the same ordeal with Creditplus, since June 2012.
    They seem like a bunch of crooks. They keep on referring me to their compliance team that seems not to exist.
    The FSA needs to review and fine them for purporting to be FSA regulated, but in fact have being strucked off their list.
    I have received more info from their Administrator (PCF) and proof of agreement that confirms their brokage affiliation at the time I took out my car finance.
  • Hi,
    Have you got any feedback about your PPI claim from Creditplus - Whichdeal Limited?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    chadar wrote: »
    Hi,
    Have you got any feedback about your PPI claim from Creditplus - Whichdeal Limited?
    The Op of this thread last logged in to this site two months prior to your first post in this thread which itself was almost six months ago. Now, as then, I doubt you'll get a response;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=1184975
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport