Qmee - making money searching the web

Options

Comments

• enjoking
    Options
    sorry for my bad englis. yes i say that i serarch on google for my purposes. ( not for money ) and i never find nothing. i did a little research and i see that other user are wining whit the same thing i search . after i see that other are wining and i dont have luck. i search a lot of things ... and only wilko it's working ( i win 10p whit wilko 1 time )
  • Optic
    Optic Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I knew someone doing this last year, first of all there was a virus installed that he thinks was from this and secondly he said it just wasn't worth it to make 25p a day.

I have heard of a few people setting up thousands of accounts doing this and making a lot of money but I think this would be fraud right? Because advertisers are paying for these searches.
  • pointsguy
    pointsguy Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    What's the average time of an individual to say redeem a $5 reward?
  • MollyDolly
    MollyDolly Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pointsguy wrote: »

I don't have the answer for that as I imagine it would be different for everyone. You can cash out to PayPal regardless of the amount and they pay immediately.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    enjoking wrote: »
    i dont say that qmee its a scma for evrybady .. its not working for me ... and the search was not one after other .. whaz normal search ..

qmee full stop is not a scam for anybody. unfortunately you don't do very well out of your searches but that does not mean it is a scam.

as i suggested previously if you are searching everyday and using google, try clearing your internet cache. you might find you get more paid searches.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Optic wrote: »
    I knew someone doing this last year, first of all there was a virus installed that he thinks was from this and secondly he said it just wasn't worth it to make 25p a day.

I have heard of a few people setting up thousands of accounts doing this and making a lot of money but I think this would be fraud right? Because advertisers are paying for these searches.

to set up thousands of accounts you would need multiple computers as qmee doesn't work on phones and tablets. It tracks via your ip, and is installed on your browser. so to have thousands of accounts would be extremely time consuming, and would involve cc cleaning their computer before using another browser installed with another account, I think they would be better off with a proper job, don't you :rotfl::cool:

I think this is a slight exaggeration. This is qmee.... a search engine sort off that pays occasionally for searches.

never had a virus of qmee and been doing it for years. you can get viruses from email attachments! and other apps. tell your friend to install free antivirus, antimalwarebytes, and run these weekly, that should help keep their computer virus free.
  • Aesop
    Options
    pointsguy wrote: »

I have earnt £4.18 since Jan this year and I don't use google searches all the time as i use swagbucks, gifthulk, inbox pounds too

Month Earnings Cashouts
    January, 2015 £2.04 £1.98
    February, 2015 £0.20 £0.06
    March, 2015 £0.61 £0.36
    April, 2015 £0.76 £1.08
    May, 2015 £0.57 £0.70
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have to say since I've installed the QMEE extension Firefox has been almost moribond. I don't know if it's causation or correlation.
  • Sugarplum634
    Sugarplum634 Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Uninstall it and see if that fixes it. My Ff ground to a halt a while ago - it needed an update.

I don't get much from Qmee but like Aesop it's not my only search engine but it's free money..
    Make £520 a year in 2020 so far (£0 cash £0 AGC)

(2019,£481.69) (2018, no idea!) ( 2017 £673.20) (2016 £800.97) (2015 £791.42/$312)

Penny challenge: 21/366 (66.70/671.61)
    NSD 7/150
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    I find if it hasn't seen a search for a few days, it is worth going to the icon and checking your balance, if it is grey with no total, it has logged you out and wont work till you log in again .

I seem to get more success by searching on ebay and it finding links to amazon ,than I do by searching on amazon for the same thing,so I usually do that first even if I am planning to buy on Amazon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback