The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

HSBC Opening over Xmas

Will HSBC reopen on Thurs (27th)? I need to bank some money.

Comments

• kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    a mate of mine works at HSBC, i think she said she's going back to work on 27th. I'll poke her anyways, later, and check, she's out at the moment.

keth
    xx
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    I think they're open Thursday same as post offices and a lot of shops. Its just Christmas day and Boxing Day they get off.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • Remember when Christmas went on for like a week and everywhere was closed? Just 2 days now, I miss those old days :(
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • kethry
    kethry Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just checked with said friend: she confirmed (rather sadly) that yes, HSBC is open.... :D I think between you n me she'd rather stay home.. *chortles*

keth
    xx
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Don't they have one of the paying-in machines (bit like a night-safe, but usually in the foyer) - stick your dosh and payin-in slip in an envelope and drop in?
  • not all foyers are available 24/7 - many are in banking hrs only.

ManAtHome wrote: »
    Don't they have one of the paying-in machines (bit like a night-safe, but usually in the foyer) - stick your dosh and payin-in slip in an envelope and drop in?
  • Remember when Christmas went on for like a week and everywhere was closed? Just 2 days now, I miss those old days :(
    I worked for a bank 30 years ago, we always worked on the 27th only ever had the official bank holidays off. However between Christmas and New Year was always quiet and relaxed- the calm before the storm when the January sales started !!!!!
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Surprised at that - I live in a smallish town and can get in by swiping the debit card outside normal shop opening hours. They shutter the counters, but I still have access to the inside cashpoint, pay-in, and statement machines.
  • It depends on the design of the branch, whether it has the machines in a 'seperate room' which can be closed off from the rest of the branch.
  • Adzha
    Adzha Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    My local branch was shut.
    My now nearest only opens 9.30-16.30 Mon-Fri.
    I read they ghot rid of the card access in some branches due to cards being cloned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure