Time for adult only flights

Comments

• Fraid not, engaged, daughter is single and working. Single parent as two young men sat either side desperately wanting to be somewhere else. On benefits - never met a single parent yet who hadn't found some way to screw money out of the working population.

No benefit to airline carrying single parent with young child, they add weight but don't pay for a seat. Unfortunately adult only holidays do use same flights as families which is why I made the original comment. With 2 or 3 flights to a destination per week it shouldn't be too hard to make one adult only.
  • yes there is a benefit, if you are over 2 you do pay for a seat.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    spinybif wrote: »
    Single parent as two young men sat either side desperately wanting to be somewhere else. On benefits - never met a single parent yet who hadn't found some way to screw money out of the working population.
    That still doesn't prove that she was a single parent though, she might just have been travelling without the childs father. And being a single parent doesn't mean she would be on benefits anyway, I know several women who are single mothers who all work full time and pay for everything they own.
    Anyway, married middle class couples have annoying kids too.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Fraid not, engaged, daughter is single and working. Single parent as two young men sat either side desperately wanting to be somewhere else. On benefits - never met a single parent yet who hadn't found some way to screw money out of the working population.

No benefit to airline carrying single parent with young child, they add weight but don't pay for a seat. Unfortunately adult only holidays do use same flights as families which is why I made the original comment. With 2 or 3 flights to a destination per week it shouldn't be too hard to make one adult only.

Just because you've obviously "screwed" money out of the working population, I wouldn't tar every parent with same brush.
  • trukdiver
    trukdiver Posts: 747 Forumite
    Single parent as two young men sat either side desperately wanting to be somewhere else. On benefits - never met a single parent yet who hadn't found some way to screw money out of the working population.

Maybe the father couldn't get time off during the school holidays? Maybe the family had relatives near the destination and they had got a cheap flight to stay with them? Who knows? What difference does it make?
  • Cyberman60
    Cyberman60 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Hung up my suit!
    I agree with Adult Only flights after a horrendous flight I had in January, very similar to OP's experience, but with an older child, about 7 and parents unable or unwilling to control her. It really was the worst flight I've had out of maybe 200. :mad:
  • marvin
    marvin Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    barryboris wrote: »
    And why the hell should they offer to help...it's the child's mother's responsibility. Some people actually want to have a bit of peace when flying.

Because we live in a time when everyone else should be inconvenienced because parents either do not want or cannot cope with the responsibility of the job they voluntarily took on.

I can't stand crying children they destroy everyone's peace would never offer to help because 1. I don't want to and 2. I don't want to be accused of having nefarious motives.

And for those who want to attack me
    I have been a parent (my son is now 31), I would not take a child that young on to a plane or other public closed environment ever as it is inconsiderate to others if they scream. And although my current wife is young enough to have children we have no plans to do so one was enough for me and she does not want children.

I also was a single parent on benefits (a Carer for 20 years of a severely disabled stepson as well as bringing up my own son) and can confirm benefits were not enough for flying anywhere.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
  • enkoda
    enkoda Posts: 109 Forumite
    Maybe the child was distraught with grief at watching their father die in a horrific car accident right in front of their eyes. Maybe he was stabbed to death in a restaurant while they enjoying a nice family meal? Maybe you have no idea about the circumstances?

Some people are just so ignorant and judgmental it defies belief, especially ones that have had children that have obviously never cried or screamed in public. Ever. :mad:
  • pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just got back from a wonderfully relaxing week in Greece until the flight home. Single mum, probably paying for holiday on her benefits, was accompanied by a 2 year old brat that managed to scream for most of the journey home. It was almost at the stage of 297 passengers willing someone to throw it out the emergency exit, no witnesses, no-one saw a thing !

Why don't airlines offer occasional adult only flights to popular holiday destinations ?

But would you want to pay the extra this will cost you , after all limiting your market increases the chances of not selling all the seats , basic economics

Did you complain about all the foreign food while you were there too ?
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • pelirocco wrote: »
    But would you want to pay the extra this will cost you , after all limiting your market increases the chances of not selling all the seats , basic economics

Did you complain about all the foreign food while you were there too ?

sue he didnt because went out of the way to find a cafe that sold 'good English breakfasts', pie and mash and a pint of bitter. Don't want any of that foreign muck. Garlic bread.....garlic....bread!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure