5th cleaner sacked

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Yes it is .... otherwise all home CCTV systems would be illegal. ;)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2014 at 5:40PM
    paulfoel wrote: »
    I'll re-add the latest because I think its relevant.

Wife text company owner this am to raise this issue and tell her our findings and that we weren't happy. No call today. So later on this morning she politely said ok please return key we will be cancelling your services.

Gets a text from company owner. Have arranged with police to return your key. No apology or explanation.

That is so weird. why on earth would the police be interested?

All I can think of is this person is thinking we're going to accuse her of something so wants the key returned properly but I cant see how they'd be interested. Imagine the call - hello I own a cleaning company and someones complained - please can you give their key back to them?
    And why would I accuse her of that - all I've said is I'm not happy with whats going on? I've never once accused them of any other wrongdoing. Makes me worry a bit exactly what has been going on behind my back.

Also, weird attitude. Surely first thing you'd do is phone up and try and sort the issue out? I've suspected this has been going on for a month or two, and we have raised the issue of cleaning standards twice in the last month. Its all been friendly so far and I was promised it would be sorted. But this was the last straw.

Does make me wonder if the owner knows the score all along? i.e. cleaners are told to cut short, get away with what they can, and move on the next job.

The first thing that strikes me is why the police would get involved with handing a key back.I don't think they would. They are supposed to be impartial. has she given you exact details of which police station? I think she's trying to intimidate you so you don't complain further.

Looking at it from the outside i would imagine the owner could be looking for some way out of this situated, to turn the tables on you .

I'd be visiting and speaking to the police and asking their advice about what is going on, yet I can't believe they have got it.
    In future, If you are going to get" evidence" make sure it's cast iron. I expect the cleaner could say once she discovered you were filming her, it freaked her out so that's why she left. Ok she could say she turned up late but only left because she felt it was creepy. Of course this isn't the case, but it could be what she says to get out of it.
    The owner doesn't come out of this very well.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. Anyone with half a brain could see what's gone on here.
    Of course you are able to leave an online review of this company if that's possible.
  • backflip
    backflip Posts: 218 Forumite
    One explanation for the police involvement that occurred to me is that the owner of the cleaning company has convinced the police that if he or she attempts to return the key personally there is a real danger of an assault or breach of the peace because they believe the house owners have a belligerent attitude, and that they are worried about their safety. Probably not this, it's only speculation, but I can't see why the police would be interested otherwise.
  • hollydays
    backflip wrote: »
    One explanation for the police involvement that occurred to me is that the owner of the cleaning company has convinced the police that if he or she attempts to return the key personally there is a real danger of an assault or breach of the peace because they believe the house owners have a belligerent attitude, and that they are worried about their safety. Probably not this, it's only speculation, but I can't see why the police would be interested otherwise.

The police hear stuff like this all the time- they'd be asking questions
  • Ive seen it all now, someone starts a thread in praise vent and warnings to moan about the hired help.

I seriously think you need to take a break from the internet, I cant remember a single positive thread youve posted since you started putting them up.
  • hollydays
    edited 15 October 2014 at 9:24PM
    Ive seen it all now, someone starts a thread in praise vent and warnings to moan about the hired help.

I seriously think you need to take a break from the internet, I cant remember a single positive thread youve posted since you started putting them up.

I think it's you that need to take a break.
    The ops belonged to mse since it started-you joined in May this year. How could you possibly judge them.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    JReacher1 wrote: »

I think the board guides may be a bit on the ball at the moment after the debacle on Monday!

Off topic, but missed that one - care to enlighten me? (I'm nosey!)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    elsien wrote: »
    Off topic, but missed that one - care to enlighten me? (I'm nosey!)

One of the board guides had posted something to wind up a company and then locked the thread to stop any responses (but they're last post was pretty goading to the company). Someone on Monday (linked to the company I would guess) spammed the whole site by posting a new thread in every board and every page (abusing the said board guide) thousands of times under new users names. Went on till about 2pm and it was a bit of a disaster!
  • Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    where have all the other posts on this thread gone? there were loads of replies to this earlier and they've all vanished :huh:
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I suspect they were deleted as they were all off topic and were a waste of everyone's time.

I think the board guides may be a bit on the ball at the moment after the debacle on Monday!

Mine have all gone, and they wasn't off topic at all. My comment was relevant to the OP post !!!!!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Oh yes, spamgate. There's still lots of very odd signatures dotting the forums.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure