Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Anyone know about foodbanks?

Options
2»

Comments

• inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    each food bank will have their own method of referral. I am a minister and at our church we offer 3 day emergency food parcels as a one off for,people in food crisis. We work on referral only, and have a special referral form for agencies to fill in, to verify the need. I know that a lot of the 'food bank' brand food banks work on. Similar basis and will only give food in exchange for a voucher issued by a referring agency. Hope you manage to get sorted with something.
  • jollyme
    jollyme Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Citizens Advice can refer in my area
  • Hobb
    Hobb Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many thanks folks, already followed your advice and have made contact with a couple of foodbanks. I'm pretty sure one of them will be able to help if/when the time comes.

Thanks all.
  • SEE
    SEE Posts: 722 Forumite
    Options
    Utterly heartbreaking reading these stories. Not too well off myself, but I'm beginning to think Britain is becoming a third world country :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Halifax, taking the Xtra since 1853:rolleyes:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SEE wrote: »
    Utterly heartbreaking reading these stories. Not too well off myself, but I'm beginning to think Britain is becoming a third world country :(

Add to the increase in use of foodbanks, the stories about people starting to live in their cars because they need a car for work but can't afford a car and rent and you will wonder where the country is heading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure