Options
2»

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    scruffyone wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when FM will be 'turned off' and what can we do about inbuilt car radios that may need to change to DAB.

Thanks.

Interesting read of the thread, however, I would imagine that DAB will replace am/mw not FM.
  • Joanthebone
    Options
    I didn't even know FM was going to be turned off at anytime!! I was so fed up with my DAB radio/alarm that I have just bought myself a 'retro' designed FM radio for my kitchen, its got a lovely sound, and it looks fab ;) !!
  • Uxb
    Uxb Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    Interesting read of the thread, however, I would imagine that DAB will replace am/mw not FM.

and with it give a welcome boost to our broadband speeds as a lot of radio interference is from AM band stations which exist on the same frequencies as the DSL signal is transmitted on down the phone wire.
  • slinga
    slinga Posts: 1,485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Over here, Singapore, they've abandoned DAB completely.
    It's your money. Except if it's the governments.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Would an example of this be flat screen TVs where 'HD' = CRT quality?

CRT was pixel-less, so it can't be directly compared. BUT ... the CRT beam was scanned onto the screen in 576 lines (as I recall), so the vertical resolution was actually less than even HD Ready (768 pixels). ;)
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For me - in my car - DAB is a waste of time - my local BBC station has recently started transmitting on DAB. it fades in and out, then every 4 minutes cuts out completely (as if it is taking a gulp of air) - We do listen to the station on home DAB and it is OK - Just tune in and remain stationary, appears to be the answer ....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure