Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Crikey Mooloo its like being a teenager again when your GF/BF was 'your' property until you were old enough to realise that actually everyone had the right to do what they wanted.

Surely your BF should have been pleased that someone else wanted to dance with you - would have saved him having to get up and dance!!!

Hope it all works out for you and I think its a good call not to move in with him.
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    I ALWAYS read Mooloo, I don't comment but I am cheering you on from the sidelines!!

But I feel I HAVE to say it.....

You already have a child to care for full time.

You do NOT need another one who inhabits a grown mans body.

You deserve better.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Staff and I were chatting today about our significant other halves, and the difference between hers and mine is cavernous!
    I am really surprised that even today he is still miffed with me.
    I have text and told him he needs to get over it, that we both have different perceptions and different personalities and we are not always going to agree. But until he learned to let it go, I wasn't expecting to see him here Tomorrow. As I wasn't planning on sitting in awkward silences.
    I realised that things are on repeat all over again, the only difference is that it's lasted 6 months since his last episode and not three! We are coming up to an anniversary, remember its a bit de ja vu, isn't it .
    Anyway I am not crying over it, he can do what he likes but he will not put me in the corner, or make me subservient again. Sod him. I am my own woman and if he doesn't like that, well tough.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Ps.
    My guardianship funding has been reduced by £26.52 a week. Suppose it's better than loosing it all.
    But I know that I have also just received the papers for housing and tax credits so although I reinvested in the shop, my income will be based on the profit, so I think I will be loosing those too. I just hope that I can survive when the changes all happen.
    But I at least know that I have worked hard for it all and if I do loose more it must mean that I am going to earn enough in my own right this year.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • dktreesea
    dktreesea Posts: 5,736 Forumite
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Texting from BF not brilliant he is still sulking.
    I won't be drawn into dicecting the evening all over again. I have decided to come to bed and read for a while as head space is too full.

Hi Mooloo, sending you positive thoughts.

When the children were small I had the policy of recognising good behaviour and ignoring bad behaviour, as in no attention from me if they want to behave like that. Maybe it's the same with BF/GFs?
  • Aha, I see, Staff's near retirement so working for you seems (to her) like a sort of hobby/favour. That makes more sense, I was picturing her as younger!

Sympathies about the BF. I couldn't be doing with a partner who took more out of me than he gave back.
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 :eek: aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
    January 2019 $211,580 Current MFD 31 June 2036
  • Savvy_sewing
    Spent all evening in long text messages with BF, I am not sure what the end result will be because it was a very difficult thing to do via text and not face to face. But he did seem to change his attitude towards the end of the evening. I am not sure if he will come today, but I have masses of work to do that I brought home, and I will have to do it tonight as wasted all evening texting him and today I have to fit in going food shopping, babysitting Dgs4 before doing anything with Mum, and getting back for dgd at 3.15!
    Should be doing my household work and my accounts for both home and business as every one wants me to prove my income all over again.
    My first thought at the drop in income is that is our holiday fund gone now. So I am going to have to rethink the budget as holidays are what we do together ( dgd and I), that makes things special.
    I am lucky that I have one with my Mum, but it is important to keep one for dgd and me.
    I better get moving as I didn't put the bins out last night and they come around soon.
    I will keep you informed of the ups and downs of life later or tomorrow.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well someone put my bin out for me, which was very kind. Don't know who.
    I did the school run without major issues for once, and dropped the other Mum in town and went home. Booked the hotel for daughter's wedding so I don't have to drive etc
    Contacted Amazon to sort out my subscriptions that I wasn't aware of!! They are going to refund me £26.97 and cancel 2 subscriptions that were paid but not being used. So going forward it will save me £16.98 a month.
    Although I wasn't budgeting for it anyway.
    A quick shopping list, and a trolley dash around Aldi in less than 15 minutes to shop and got to Biggest's just in time to babysit dgs4 at 11am.
    So he has gone for his sleep and I can slow down, gather my thoughts and do some paperwork etc now.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Gosh, sewing at home for the last 2 1/2 hours, and shortened 12 pairs of trousers. Now I am cooking tea.
    My day is late as babysitter took 2 hours longer than anticipated.
    Mum and I didn't get dinner until after 2pm and then she needed to get some food shopping so quick trip to Aldi before I came home.
    Got one of the Mum's to collect dgd as just didn't have time otherwise.
    I did my shopping before baby sitting and did quite a bit of my accounts whilst babysitting.
    All in all a good day.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Bf came over last night but it was late as half way here he had to go back for his laptop! I thought we were going to talk but we didn't. I was too tired, and he was trying to sort out something on the laptop so I went to bed when QI had finished and he followed a few minutes later. I slept almost instantaneously as I was so tired. I don't even remember getting up to go to the loo until 6.30 this morning! Unheard of.
    DS passed his driving test, we had a little chat about that and I told him he needed to make sure that his ex had claimed her benefits she is entitled to, and he needs to tell housing that he has moved out. I have cancelled the direct debit to them as I am not going to be able to pay her rent as well as my rent etc. I can't see her ever paying me if I did. I can give them the week he paid me, directly if necessary but at the moment it's just gone off of the spreadsheet list of what they owed.
    Did I tell you my SGO has been reduced by £26.53 a week. That is some £1300 odd a year so actually it's our annual holiday at the moment.
    So I will have to think about how to turn my clutter into at least that amount to pay for them instead.
    But at least I am still getting some each week, for another year anyway.
    I am not sure if I am going to have it any longer as if business continues to grow I will certainly not be eligible for it.
    I had better learn to live with out it as part of the main budget before the year is over. I predict a year of massive changes in my life.
    I had better get out of bed, and get dgd up and ready for school. The day has begun. Here's hoping for plain sailing and no tantrums ( and that's only me!!- just kidding)!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure