Ready to do it all over again ...

Options

Comments

• blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Great to see you posting again - glad you are happy in your new house. A new home is really rejuvenating once the stress of buying/selling fades away. Take as much time off work as you need.
  • benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, checked the premium bonds results for April - no win. Ah well, was worth a check :)

Off for my shower now then let's see what today brings.
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    No extra money made yesterday, so I need to work a bit harder to find something today.

Last night ds and I went to see Russell Howard, I got him tickets for Christmas. It was a good evening although I'm tired this morning.

Today I need to do some food shopping and move some money around into different pots. Other than that it's some general pottering and tidying, ready to go back to work tomorrow :(
  • benbenandme
    edited 5 April 2017 at 11:37AM
    Options
    I've been food shopping, first stop Aldi for fruit and veg and a few other bits, spent £18 in there, then on to Sainsburys for the remainder, spent £39 in there but that did include stocking up on ds multivitamins / omega 3 tablets and an Easter egg for Mum. I'm going to make a big shepherds pie later and freeze portions, I also bought some reduced veg which I will chop and freeze. I also remembered to take carrier bags with me (something I really need to improve on). I am considering cancelling my tesco delivery saver which would save me £7 per month, maybe I'll do one big shop a month from there and then top up from Aldi as it's quite near now.

When I got home the postie had brought me a new home card from my ex-Mil (ds Nanna) which included a cheque for £25 to buy something for the house. This was lovely of her, despite hardly seeing each other for the last 10 years she always sends cards at Christmas / Birthday etc, she is very thoughtful. Anyway, I'm sure you can all guess where that money is going :)

Also forgot to mention last night the car park for the show was £10 but I managed to find a space near the beach which was a 5 minute walk along the clifftop and only cost £1.50 :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    So first day back today and I am so nervous, I reckon I had about two hours sleep last night :o

On the bright side, Bournemouth drew last night against Liverpool, a vital point considering we have Chelsea and Tottenham next :eek: :eek:

I'll report back tonight about hos the day goes today. I can't wait til 4 o'clock and I can get out of there :(
  • dangers
    dangers Posts: 1,456 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck for today Benben, only the two days and then two weeks off!
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Well I made it through the day, it actually wasn't too bad after all. Lots of hugs from colleagues, lots of time spent clearing my inbox (I like to keep it under 30 and it was at 363 when I opened it :eek:).
    Within the first half hour of being back I was told that one of my students Mum's had had a heart attack and died this morning, the Grandad came and collected her. That was not a nice start to the day :(

Other than that, I have come home to a letter from the mortgage company with my first monthly payment, it is £392 (normally will be £346 but first one is always higher).

This evening I will make the shepherds pie, then have a nice bath and an early night as I didn't sleep well last night. Tomorrow is a mufti day and then it's the holidays :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    £6 cashout from a survey site, added to the pot, that's todays money found, now let's see if I can make a few more pennies this evening :)
  • blackcatsx2
    blackcatsx2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear first day back was ok, probably better to get it over with before the holidays. I've just had refunds from cable, council tax, gas/electricity and water rates so you might have a few pounds to come back. I didn't get a lot of money back but together they have added up to about £100 which I've used to overpay.
    Great result for both our teams last night. As for Saturday's game - unless it's a draw one of us won't be happy.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Ooh the money back sounds good Blackcats ;) :money:
    I'm still so chuffed with last nights score, that's 4 points we've taken off Liverpool this season, not bad for a team from League 2 :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family