IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal Dismissed by IAS - Urgent

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Both of course.

Have you read the other threads and the NEWBIES thread which tells you near the top to 'always complain to the landowner'. We have directed you where to look for the advice - the NEWBIES thread and others like yours. Don't stay isolated on your own thread - the beauty of a forum is it's already been asked by someone and you can find out from other posters what they did before you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Upon recent emails to my land lord, they have come back to me saying they can not cancel the PCN, however, can confirm I am allowed to park free of charge in the car park being a tenant. However, they also mention their email that they have contracted parking management to CPM and all tenants must display the permit. I wrote them back saying I never signed a contract with CPM and land lord agrees its not mentioned in tenancy contract, however, separate written instructions have been issued with the parking permits to all tenants. Whether you can challenge it in court we are not sure, however, cancelling it now is beyond our control.

I have received a final demand to pay from CPM today, I notice at the back of the letter they have given a column to name the driver if you were keeper and were not driving it on the day the PCN was issued.

Do you guys think naming another driver now would help me get them off my back?

Kindly advice. Thanks again.

Regards,
  • Also fact worth mentioning, our land lord has recently changed, previous land lord is who I signed my tenancy contract with, current land lord never issued new contracts with new company name as it has all changed. Is there any way I could use this for my benefit?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do you guys think naming another driver now would help me get them off my back?

Definitely NOT. That's the one piece of the jigsaw they need - and depending upon how you appealed it, they may not be completely sure who was driving which makes their job harder in court if it comes to it (they'd have to rely upon the POFA and prove more in the way of documentation).

IGNORE THEM.

Come back if they try a small claim or if you get a Letter before claim.

But don't tell us about any debt collector letters, please! Covered in post #4 of the NEWBIES thread.

our land lord has recently changed, previous land lord is who I signed my tenancy contract with, current land lord never issued new contracts with new company name as it has all changed. Is there any way I could use this for my benefit?

Only insofar as if you get a Letter before Claim from UKCPM you could use it as leverage to send a LBC to the landlord, as they caused any loss (if you mean they 'never issued new permits' then that's their fault, they are culpable).

IGNORE UKCPM AND IGNORE DEBT COLLECTORS. Come back if you get a LBC or court papers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2016 at 3:28PM
    You will just have to take your chances in court sometime in the next 6 years, if they try a court case

Treasure the written decision as it will be so full of contradictions, perverse decisions, and cod law as to be your get out of jail card. No judge, when shown the anonymous piece of pape, r would find in favour of the PPC, and the PPC know it.

If you want to poke them in the eye, raisr the v.a.t. issue as they appear to be evading it.

If, as they claim, this is contractual charge, it is a fee for parking, and thus vatable. Have they accounted for vat on their paper work?

Ask them for a vat invoice. If they ignore your request, (which they probably will), it is a useful stick with which to beat them if it ever gets to court.

More reading here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5033796&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5195437&highlight

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight=

If you suspect tax evasion report it to the fraud hot line here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5087925&highlight

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hi Just an update, to try to force my land lord to take another chance, I sent them this email today;

Hi Neal,

As discussed, I would request you to confirm the following;

1) I am, as tenant allowed to park my vehicle in the Centre car park Free of Charge, it also is stated so in the Contract.
    2) There is no mention of CPM anywhere in the tenancy agreement, which does not automatically make me legally in any contract with CPM.
    3) If I am issued with PCN which in turn is an invoice for parking on private land, which needs to include VAT too, in such a consideration these invoices are still illegal.
    4) You confirmed in previous email you have the rights to cancel the PCN's, however, in my case you are not willing to do it.
    5) If I am having to deal with these PCN's by subsidising my work hours, the centre is liable for my costs involved in the dealing with this issue which will be at £20 an hour.
    6) I consider this still in dispute, and as such, kindly instruct CPM to put this on hold until they get these and other responses from both my Land lords, and myself.

Kindly can you send this in email to CPM or kindly can you provide me with their email address to do so please.
  • solomondid
    solomondid Posts: 15 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

I have received 2 letters from DRP Debt Recovery so far, in the first letter they state an example of a case against motorist who the PPC won, and urged me to make payment by 18th May, I ignored and I got another letter yesterday from same DRP Debt Recovery and they titled it Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge. Do you guys thing I should respond to them as I havent yet spoken to anybody yet. My last email was as previous post to the landlord and I got no response from him. Please advise if I should make contact with DRP or any other solution for this as I do not think court will be any favorable?

Thanks in advance.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,029
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Was Beavis mentioned by any chance? of so then those letters are missleading.
    Have you contacted the landlord in relation to all of this, if you haven't then you should instruct the management company/landlord to cancel
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    as detailed in the newbies sticky thread and many other threads, do the following

IGNORE DRP

it is that simple

dont even open their letters

a landowner cancellation is best
  • solomondid
    solomondid Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks,

Yes Beavis is mentioned in the latest one.

Tried landlord/management (Email I sent is posted in my post above) and got no response? Should I write them again to cancel as from very early stage I constantly requested the management to cancel this but they kept saying nothing they can do. Remaining I have detailed out in all my previous posts. If as a tenant I pay the parking charge included in the rent of the office, do I stand good chance in the court? I just want to be sure as I am finding it unfair and totally illegal to find an opportunity and rip the tenants off, and I am determined to defend this in court too, only if wisemen here on the forum think its worth?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport