PAYG is a sham unfettered by Ofcom

Comments

• David_Aston
    David_Aston Posts: 1,160
    First Post
    Forumite
    If you were responding to my post mobilejunkie, I presume you mean every 270 days? Every chance we have done that.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2017 at 8:29PM
    If you were responding to my post mobilejunkie, I presume you mean every 270 days? Every chance we have done that.

Yes; I've amended it.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    GIFFGAFF goodybags are a good deal

take their £10 goodybag you get 2 GB UK Data, 500 UK Minutes and Unlimited UK Text this last 30 days, but after the 30 days you start using the actual £10 at these rates https://www.giffgaff.com/pricing.

I have had about £3.80 in my GG account for 3 years and all i have to do is every 6 months make a text or call from my giffgaff number.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    enquirer22 wrote: »
    I currently have such a sim with TalkMobile - they are phasing it out. Instead they suggest I buy a vodaphone (pay monthly) PAYG sim. I have reported the lack of clarity on this to Ofcom who won't do anything about it

The clack of clarity on what? Every network is required to publish a price list and to my knowledge all major networks comply with this.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    And I thought the OP may have been moaning about bundles or packs
  • Seek and you shall find....

Another one o2 Classic Pay As You Go.

Top up a minimum of £10 and pay for the minutes, texts and data you use.

Calls are 5p a minute, texts are 5p, and data is 5p a MB. Once your credit runs out, just top up again.

You need to make one chargeable event every 180 days to keep it ticking along.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 14 June 2017 at 8:11AM
    On pay-as-you-go you have the choice of paying for a bundle of calls, texts and data or paying a per-minute, per-message and per-MB rate.

On bundles, several hundred minutes and texts costs a fiver. Double the money and you get four to ten times as much. Unlimited calls and texts for one month can be had for around £15 to £20.

If you decide to pay for each call individually, some providers offer rates of 3p, 5p or 8p per minute while others charge 35p, 36p, 40p, 44p, 45p, 50p or 55p per minute.

There are more than a thousand choices. Choose one that gives you decent value for money.

Pay-as-you-bundles are in no way "contracts by another name". There is no minimum term. There is no notice period. You either buy a bundle this month, or you don't. And if you do buy one, it doesn't have to be the same as the one you bought last time.

Inclusive calls usually cover:
    - UK geographic numbers starting 01 and 02
    - non-geographic numbers starting 03
    - UK mobile numbers starting 071-075 and 077-079.
    Inclusive allowances usually exclude landline and mobile numbers allocated in CI and IoM.

Numbers starting 080 and 116 are free-to-caller on landlines and on mobiles.

Premium rate numbers start 070, 084, 087, 09 and 118. Usage of these numbers is now banned for customer services, financial services and public services.
  • Thanks everyone - very helpful!
  • ...and, it is not clear what you are getting from their website. They confuse it more with 'rewards' etc but roll over bundles isn't of interest (which you have to call to activate) and the call charges are monstrous (30p/minute). If you select PAYG sim you get the same kind of presentation for PAYG Bundle and saying data can be rolled over suggests calls can't be.
  • 3's mobile coverage isn't good enough where I live - I've tried them before and they recommended I used their useless wifi app to make and receive calls from home. I live in a major city in the South East.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure