Can Barclaycard STOP sending me postal promotional mail ??(I've paperless statements)

Comments

• aidnolan
    aidnolan Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm not a Barclaycard customer, so I don't have an account to specify those preferences online. Apparently emailing Barclaycard at this email address with your postal address will stop it:
    WR@barclaycard.co.uk

https://twitter.com/Barclaycard/status/217950066726543362
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I'd like them to stop too but if they just sent it to my current address it would be nice. Moved address 5 months ago and they still send almost weekly 0% BT offers to my former address
  • aidnolan
    aidnolan Posts: 37 Forumite
    I'll be moving soon so that's also my concern.

That email address I've listed above worked. I got a reply within a few hours saying the following:
    "I have removed you from our marketing database with immediate effect. As with other large organisations some of our postal campaigns are produced in advance. Therefore, there is a small chance you may receive post in the next 60 days.

Just so you know, our mailing recruitment partner is CallCredit. You may wish to contact them on the details below to stop receiving offers from other providers too.
    consumer@callcreditgroup.com
    • 0870 060 1414
    • Consumer Services Team, CallCredit Limited, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ"
  • marginalone
    marginalone Posts: 191 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2016 at 6:08PM
    Im not a customer, never have yet I get letters from them quite often over the last year even though Im on mail preference service.

I complained, received a reply stating the complaint won't be upheld because they get info from electoral rolls and credit agencies.

They will remove my details but if companies can do this then what is the point of MPS?
  • Semple
    Semple Posts: 392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Im not a customer, never have yet I get letters from them quite often over the last year even though Im on mail preference service.

I complained, received a letter stating the complaint won't be upheld because they get info from electoral rolls and credit agencies.

They will remove my details but if companies can do this then what is the point of MPS?

I regularly get offers for a barclays credit card (clearly shows their desperate for customers), all i tend to do is rip it up and post it back in their pre-paid envelope. I know, doesn't achieve much, but gives me some satisfaction that they're wasting their time and money for return postage and someone opening it.

I would suspect, as i've never been a customer of Barclays that i wouldn't get very far in trying to get them to stop sending me mail.
  • Semple wrote: »
    I regularly get offers for a barclays credit card (clearly shows their desperate for customers), all i tend to do is rip it up and post it back in their pre-paid envelope. I know, doesn't achieve much, but gives me some satisfaction that they're wasting their time and money for return postage and someone opening it.

I would suspect, as i've never been a customer of Barclays that i wouldn't get very far in trying to get them to stop sending me mail.

Under the 1998 Data Protection Act you can ask them to remove your details from their marketing lists.
  • Exactly my experience. Advertising both personal cards and merchant card processing services and sending to my old address (vacated 9 months ago) and my current address.
  • leftfield20
    leftfield20 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You can mark the mail as 'REFUSED - RTS' and put it back in the postbox, unopened. This will get returned to the marketing dept and most times places do update their database. Not sure about barclaycard though but it's worth a try. Better than just binning it because it'll just keep coming!
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I've had a credit card with them for over a year now and I still get letters, emails, mobile phone notifications of their offers and I'm with them already!
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    I get these too and they are annoying those 0% offers.

Also Virgin send me texts to remind me their last 'offer' is about to run out despite my preferences they see it as a 'service notification'
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure