MoneySaving Poll: Do you still print photos?

Options
2»

Comments

• freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a digital camera, and haven't used a film camera for about 15 years.

Most of my photos are stored digitally (in folders by year, month and event). If I were to print every single photo I have taken, it would cost me an absolute fortune!

I do, however, have a photo book printed once a year. I purchase some enlargements for 'special' photos for frames and have had some on canvas.
  • Billie-S
    Billie-S Posts: 495 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2014 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Yes I do still print photos. :) Probably about 200 a year. I store many of them in boxes, (about two thirds,) and the other third are displayed in albums, or frames. I have done this for many years.

The last time I got some printed in Tesco, the man in front of me had just dropped off an order for 1,500 photos to be printed! :eek:

The woman at the photo-mat said he told her, 'well it is almost a year's worth!':D
  • blobbydoodaah
    Options
    I just print them for the olds... not for me though
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I save and back them up through the year, then print a selection at the end of the year, so it normally works out at about 200 pictures for the year.

as I don't make the final selection until January, I tend to enjoy going back and looking at the past year's pictures, and also find that he the ones I chose to print off are not necessarily the ones I would have chosen as the best if I'd been printing them straight after taking them.

When I get them printed I will also sometimes get some additional prints done if there are specific photos (whether part of my slection for the year or not) which I think other members of the family would like to have.

I am considering whether to do a photo book instead this year rather than sticking them in an album.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • sinizterguy
    Options
    Yes. Into photobooks.

Loose photos that I have to place in an album are a PITA.
  • littlerat
    littlerat Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    22 and print some, very rarely. Hobby photographer so a mix of personal and a few I've been pleased with. And a couple for gifts.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I print the good ones, which probably means about 5-10% of total photos taken. The rest are backed up on the NAS and two cloud storage accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure