MoneySaving Poll: Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

Poll started 29 September 2014

Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

The countdown has started; we've now fewer than 90 days to go. So are you a Christmas pre-planner or do you leave it until the last minute?

How much of your Christmas shopping have you done so far?Please choose the option CLOSEST to your situation.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• I did buy some card and wrapping paper in the New Year sales, as it's so much cheaper then. However, I won't be buying any presents until around November
  • dastep
    dastep Posts: 39 Forumite
    Why worry about buying Christmas presents now? It only takes one day in December to buy everyone an Amazon gift voucher on the computer.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I haven't even started!
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • I dare not buy for my relatives too early- they have a past record of dying in November and December!:o
  • This will sound odd to a lot of people, but I stopped celebrating Christmas altogether! My partner and I are not religious and we honestly can't stand all the fuss, so a few years ago we asked our families to stop buying us presents as we are no longer participating!

It was such a relief, and I feel free from all the hassle every December! Plus no more unwanted presents or money wasted on junk! If I see something someone would really like or would find useful I'll buy it as a nice surprise any time of the year.

I'll have to work something out when we have kids, but for now it's great! :D
  • jazright
    jazright Posts: 18 Forumite
    My wife has lol.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Bought all my presents by the end of September.

Just got to buy ones for other people now, then it's all done.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    hahaha

I've not finished my holidays yet...
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure