SWIP FTSE All Share Index 0.1 TER

As the title says - what are your thoughts on this fund as a low cost option for a SIPP?

Comments

• SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,350
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    My thoughts are that is only available through Hargreaves Lansdown (as far as I am aware) which I don't like.

Firstly there is the platform charge to add in of £24pa.

Hargreaves Lansdown also will be amending their charges to allow for platform RDR. So don't be surprised to see a large increase in charges.

From past experience HL will also make it very difficult to move away when they do increase charges. I had to get the Financial Ombudsman to get HL to act fairly when I moved away because of a large charge increase.

It will not be possible to re-register that fund away when they do increase charges because only HL offer it.

So generally you are better off with the Vanguard FTSE all share tracker which has a great record of tracking the index closely or the HSBC C class tracker. Both have marginally higher quoted TERs/OCFs than the SWIP fund.

You of course need to factor in your own position and platform and fund charges for your whole portfolio in making a decision which all share tracker to hold and where.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    If you're with HL anyway, as I am, then it's great! You need enough in there to make it worthwhile with the £24 per year but with a TER of 0.1% that isn't really very much.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,043
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You would be silly to invest 100% of your fund in there. Too much in one place.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh wrote: »
    You would be silly to invest 100% of your fund in there. Too much in one place.

Yes, I would never put 100% there - just thinking of circa 20%
  • SallyG
    SallyG Posts: 850 Forumite
    Why has SWIP made this exclusive to HL?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business