DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 10

fermi
fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
Once again the old thread was getting a bit large, so here is a fresh thread. :)

The previous thread can be found here: Click ---> DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 9)

Or click here for the last page of posts on the old thread. ---> Last Page

Good luck with your DMP everyone. :T
Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed

Comments

• Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    edited 6 June 2014 at 2:31PM
    :jLovely New thread....thanks Fermi
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • TimeToDoIt
    TimeToDoIt Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I've subscribed to this one already as I was loving reading from you all on thread 9!!
    ~~I am debt free~~
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Ooh went to post and got a message saying the thread was closed but found you all here:D
    Grrrr car here again - but the insurance as opposed to the actual vehicle. Turns out they took an extra payment of £38. That coupled with DD1 telling me she needed £28 today or she can't go to her prom and she's so excited. She knows the financial position and none of the kids ever ask for anything these days and I gave her it. Why do these things only ever happen when we're already feeling below par?

Hi Kate, it can seem like one step forward and two steps back sometimes! Just when I think we are getting on top of everything life throws a spanner in the works. My emergency fund money this month has had to cover the short fall in OH's wages, so I'm desperately hoping the two cars between them don't set me back too much.
    Unless anyone has an idea of how to magic a few quid into my bank by Tuesday?

Kate x

Could you ask hubby to go halves on the prom money? Seems a bit unfair for it all to come out of your budget. You'll be 20 quid up then:j
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • blisteringblue
    blisteringblue Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Boo, I wanted to be first to post :p

5th is the new 1st anyway :D
  • Growurown wrote: »

Could you ask hubby to go halves on the prom money? Seems a bit unfair for it all to come out of your budget. You'll be 20 quid up then:j

Hadn't thought of that! He's away until God knows what time tonight (haven't seen him since Tuesday) and the cash had to be in today (she told me at 9pm last night :mad:) so I was in a bit of a spot and really didn't think properly. She has been talking about it for over a year and I couldn't let her down.

She's actually DH's step-daughter (although he's raised her and DS1 and helped to financially support them for 8 years - 5 years longer than her bio-dad did!) and that'd open another can of worms surrounding the fact that the ex pays nothing. Honestly, my life feels like an episode of Eastenders! I should send them a list of the stunts the ex has pulled over the years, they'd have masses of material ;) We try to keep it away from all four kids, I'm entitled to my opinion but it's not fair to force it on them, that said the bad atmosphere isn't something I want to risk.

I was actually about to reply to my own post when we switched to part 10 not realising it was mine (See? In a complete tizz!) and suggest calling SC for advice. I have now done that and they managed to get the DD request amended with 15 minutes to spare!

Ive now halved it for June and can make that back up when the car insurance mess is sorted. The operator was fantastic! She extracted the information from my garbled panic, reassured and calmed me and it's all going to be okay. I can't put the words here that I used after I hung up as an expression of relief but let's just say Tarantino would be proud ;)

I even tried to get a refund on the massage but that's not happening so I'm still (guiltily) going which is probably a good thing as the panic has amplified my pain that I was doing really well with until now.

I feel similarly to how I did when I made that first call to SC. Sheer relief. Cinderella can go to the ball, I'm not going to be walking on eggshells all weekend and I've had a kick up the backside to keep a tighter rein on things (I should have delved into this yesterday!)

I'm off to breathe deeply and calm down now (and probably swear some more ;))

Kate x
    LBM 17th Oct13 - SC DMP - DFD 10th Feb 2018
    paid pre-DMP £6146 :D paid with DMP £2275 :D F&F's £700 (£450 discount) £1,000 (£1,498.22 discount) £ 700 (489.62 discount) :D Total £9725

Current debt to repay £3,503.13 taking one day at a time
  • Suseka
    Suseka Posts: 213 Forumite
    Great idea to start a new thread Fermi. Son and Granddaughter have headed off home now and my house feels very empty :( always suffer with a few 'down days' when they leave... won't see them again for at least 6 months - sigh!

Need a distraction so getting all the Halifax paperwork together to have another go at getting them to freeze or reduce interest. Also need to turn my attention back to a PPI claim I've been chasing for several months.

At the moment with the sun shining just watching my cats play about in the garden is incredibly therapeutic.

Have a good Friday all and an even better weekend :)
    LBM: March 2013 / DMP Start: 1 July 2013 / 14 Creditors
    Debt: £80,473 / DFD: [STRIKE]Nov 2018[/STRIKE] June 2018
    Update (Aug14): Debt 62,920 (22% paid) / 11 Creditors
  • jubilee14
    jubilee14 Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all found you :)
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • Hmmm, that new thread smell.... *breathes in deeply*

Talking of cars, I'm starting to worry about my little warrior. He's been a bit more grumbly than normal recently and has started hiccuping every now and then, which is a sure-fire sign he needs some work done to him pronto. I just had a drive in him with the windows down and he's starting to sound quite tappety and rattly under low revs.

I'll top the oil up a little later when the engine's cooled, but I might accelerate my plans for a cycle to work bike so that I can keep him on the driveway as much as possible whilst I save the pennies to get everything looked at - it's quite a list that I've put together on what I think needs doing!
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Boo, I wanted to be first to post :p

5th is the new 1st anyway :D

Not in my world..:D
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • Hmmm, that new thread smell.... *breathes in deeply*

Talking of cars, I'm starting to worry about my little warrior. He's been a bit more grumbly than normal recently and has started hiccuping every now and then, which is a sure-fire sign he needs some work done to him pronto. I just had a drive in him with the windows down and he's starting to sound quite tappety and rattly under low revs.

I'll top the oil up a little later when the engine's cooled, but I might accelerate my plans for a cycle to work bike so that I can keep him on the driveway as much as possible whilst I save the pennies to get everything looked at - it's quite a list that I've put together on what I think needs doing!

I have an automatic audi that needs a bit of work if you are interested? ;)

Cars seem to be a sticking point for us all at the moment, do you think it's a full moon and they've turned feral on us all? Glad you have a plan in place to get this sorted.

Kate x
    LBM 17th Oct13 - SC DMP - DFD 10th Feb 2018
    paid pre-DMP £6146 :D paid with DMP £2275 :D F&F's £700 (£450 discount) £1,000 (£1,498.22 discount) £ 700 (489.62 discount) :D Total £9725

Current debt to repay £3,503.13 taking one day at a time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport