landybridal - am I a bit dim???

hi,

I've been looking at the various threads on this board & I'm getting confused - easy done, but there you go!!

People are saying that Landybridal & asapbuy are the same company - but when I've looked on ebay, the feedback for landybridal belongs to prettydabby (who only has 49 feedbacks) - when you click on their items for sale the sign says welcome to asapbay

Asapbay has 1392 feedbacks - why would you use another name when you've got such a good reputation as asapbay? :confused:

I wonder what's going on? (I've just recently been ripped off by favorfrenzy.com on ebay, so maybe I'm just a tad suspicious & looking for problems that aren't there :eek: :eek: )

Please help my brain, as it's starting to hurt now!:o

Thanks in advance,

Celticsprite xxx

Comments

• paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    As far as I'm aware the website for asapbay is http://www.landybridal.com/index.html

I haven't ever looked for Landybridal on eBay so can't comment on that.

I got my dress through her eBay shop but think some of the others have used her website.

HTH
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • celticsprite
    celticsprite Posts: 356 Forumite
    hi paddingtondoo - thanks for that!! You've just put me at ease. :beer:

I've just used landybridal.com but had worried that I'd used a company that no-one had used before & the more I looked the more confusing it all became! :rolleyes:

As I know lots of people were delighted with their dress, I was just worried that I'd used the wrong one.

Found them really helpful & just wanted to check that I'd used the right one. I know I should've checked before I purchased, but I was having a panic:p

Thanks again,

Celticsprite
  • nannis
    nannis Posts: 270 Forumite
    I got my dress from asapbay on ebay....the main lady is Landy who I assume is landybridal.com?

I am over the moon with my dress, hope you will be soon...
    Celticsprite, How are the plans coming along??

Anna :o)
    Mrs Storey :) xx

• celticsprite
    Hi,

Hitting the panic button now! Only went dress shopping last week & could not get what I wanted (who knew ipswich would be so bad! - but then I hadn't done any research before I went, so that couldn't have helped:rolleyes: tried all the usual suspects like debenhams, Bhs etc & nobody in Ipswich's main streets had anything.)

I've asked Landy to merge the 2 dresses I liked, so got a bit panicked later on when there seemed to be so many different landybridal's going about:eek:

Funnily enough I thought of you when I was shopping 'cos I knew you'd been more organised & wouldn't have the last minute rush that I had:p

How're things going @ your side?

CS
  • nannis
    nannis Posts: 270 Forumite
    Im sure Landy will do a fab job :o) ... I will email you a pic of my dress if you like?

We are almost sorted now, am seeing the cake lady soon, got the rings etc..Still got to get Callum and my nephew suited and booted, but am leaving that as long as possible to allow for growth!

Just trying to shift a few pounds now to make myself feel more comfy on the day....am so excited its unbelievable!

Did you get the venue decorating sorted out? Hope so....We have decided to rope all the day guests into coming to the venue and helping to decorate!:rotfl::eek:

I did call around a few bridal shops before ordering online...they were all shocked that I was a size 24 and wanted to come and try dresses on!! like how dare you be getting married at such a large size!! some people!!:mad:
    Mrs Storey :) xx

• OberonSH
    OberonSH Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    Aww you poor thing - I think that's terrible. Doesn't matter what size you are, you deserve to look stunning on your wedding day.

I think we'd have trouble stopping the family from heloing with the decorations. I might have a crack at a balloon arch - found instructions on the interweb.
    This year I'm getting organised once and for all, and going to buy a house with my wonderful other half. And that' s final!

Current Pay Off Target : £1500 :mad:
  • celticsprite
    nannis wrote: »
    Im sure Landy will do a fab job :o) ... I will email you a pic of my dress if you like?

Hi, that would be great! I've got my cake organised (my friend's doing it for me), can't believe that I've got one thing done that you haven't :j

We thought we had the kilts sorted, but that's hit a glitch, so need to get started on that again soon. (we're 1 short - but we've told him if he doesn't want to wear a kilt he can wear ye olde style scouting shorts!)
    I did call around a few bridal shops before ordering online...they were all shocked that I was a size 24 and wanted to come and try dresses on!! like how dare you be getting married at such a large size!! some people!!:mad:

I can't believe they were so outrageous, but obviously in todays climate they can afford to turn away business :confused: Know what you mean about trying on wedding dresses - I'm beginning to wonder if mine looked good, 'cause I was stood on a small stepladder! It might all be different when I'm no longer over 7 ft tall.;) I'd been dreading it for ages & just wanted to go somewhere I could try things on and not be pressurised. That's why I wanted to go to debs or bhs! In fact if I could've tried things on without taking my coat off that would've been better! Here's hoping Landy works her magic on me:D

Re trying to lose weight, I'm the same - trying, but finding the stress makes me want to eat more but only junk food will do

I have no doubt the kids will look superb, Callum's a good looking kid anyway - though you might need to wrap him in a sack to make sure he doesn't outshine the bride! Kids look great all smartened up don't they? Little imps

I don't know whether I'm excited or terrified. Got piles of stuff to decorate the room now. Reckoned at that companies prices I can afford to pay for the stuff & keep it, rather than hire. It will probably all be in the charity shop - except for those bits and bobs that have been reserved already:rotfl:

CS
  • skintchick
    skintchick Posts: 15,114
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite

We are almost sorted now, am seeing the cake lady soon, got the rings etc..Still got to get Callum and my nephew suited and booted, but am leaving that as long as possible to allow for growth!

Just trying to shift a few pounds now to make myself feel more comfy on the day....am so excited its unbelievable!

Did you get the venue decorating sorted out? Hope so....We have decided to rope all the day guests into coming to the venue and helping to decorate!:rotfl::eek:

I got a similar reaction because I didn;t want a strapless dress! Think a lot of these shops are just rude, regardless. Don't let them get to you.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • skintchick wrote: »
    Think a lot of these shops are just rude, regardless. Don't let them get to you.

Indeed. Chances are, if you're reading this thread, that you're not planning to order through a bridal shop anyway, but just trying things on for inspiration. :p

Remember that you're the bride, so you're the boss! :T
  • madfrenchgirl
    madfrenchgirl Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Spam alert!
    "Don't cry, Don't Raise your Eye
    It's only teenage wasteland"
    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Who's Next (1971)

RIP Keith Moon
    RIP John Entwistle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors