Making money at home from sex chat lines

Comments

• Do you have a wife or girlfriend?
  • you haven't perchance been watching that Channel4 documentary, have you?
    they seem to be populated entirely by women, so you may need to shave your legs!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od#3298542

but, at around £100 an hour for good clients.......
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    the thread got locked and then possibly deleted by the forum team ...
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    From the Q&As on the sites I have looked at, these companies don't recruit men.

I think you need to google specific mens gays lines instead (which of course are not the ones I am looking at!)
  • you haven't perchance been watching that Channel4 documentary, have you?
    they seem to be populated entirely by women, so you may need to shave your legs!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-phone-sex-secrets/4od#3298542

but, at around £100 an hour for good clients.......

I think that was some exaggeration about the amount of money they got paid. :D One woman claimed she earned £500 a night, yet was doing her own decorating between telephone calls, and using Tesco Value emulsion on her tiny little basic kitchenette!:rotfl:

That was a put up job if I ever I saw one. Those sex chat operators earn peanuts....
  • nonnatus
    nonnatus Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    But Breadline Betty!! Just because she looks after her money with great care, doesn't mean she earns a pittance! Perhaps she puts it all aside to spend on good stuff rather than wasting it paying a bloke to paint her walls. Isn't that the whole point of this entire site, after all?? ;)
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    the thread got locked and then possibly deleted by the forum team ...

I remember that - I believe that some overly malicious people had started to complain about it, saying it was "inappropriate" and the forum team caved in and dropped it.
  • justjohn
    justjohn Posts: 2,260
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I remember that - I believe that some overly malicious people had started to complain about it, saying it was "inappropriate" and the forum team caved in and dropped it.

You mean prudes lol

Out of site, out of mind, i dont want to know about it brigade lol
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Some of those sex chat lines don't involve talk, but just text. Not that i've ever used one, you understand. It's just that i remember someone on that last thread mentioning it. So if the Op is a guy he could just do text and call himself BigBertha or something.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

When one thinks about the costs involved in MAKING the phone calls to chat lines, and the damage it has done to families' budgets/credit ratings, and when one reads the threads about partners betraying the other partner by making these calls, then it would seem ambiguous at the least for MSE to be allowing such a thread to continue!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback