CSA1 Case closed for 5yrs but now REOPENED!

Comments

• infant2801
    infant2801 Posts: 75 Forumite
    mumps wrote: »
    How can I say that, look at what you have said above, you said you lived at another address, you informed CSA you had gone back to your homeland. Was this true, the way I read it you were trying to get out of paying. You say it worked out better than expected so this makes it sound like you were trying lying to get out of paying. If you did lie you deserve what you get, which hopefully will be a big bill.

Of course I said I was living elsewhere, I had paid every penny due, actually I have just worked it out to be 15.5% and not what i said previously.

I paid this and nearly 6 years later (March 2006) I was asked for a reassessment. I give them my wage slips and a new address and they allowed housing costs of £92.00pw, and assessed me at £150.00pw as yes my weekly net was now £700pw!!!

I PAID THIS FOR OVER ONE YEAR until THEY closed the case.

Imagine what it would have been if I had given my partners' details, why should I give details of our home, how much do I have to pay?......who do you know pays that amount? Did you give your home value to be added to the maintenance assessment?

It also gets worse than this I've just heard today as the PWC also had a child to different NRP and when she become 16yrs(and new/my child only 3yrs) - the child carer allowance and family premium should have been paid in full by me, but they never amended.

It is not my fault they never asked me to reassess, otherwise I would have and paid what I was legally made to.
  • infant2801
    sjc3 wrote: »
    This has got to be an april fool, nobody is that stupid :rotfl::rotfl:

Why was I stupid?

I paid £300 every month throughout the case until they carried out 1st and only reassessment and then it was £150.00pw.

The CSA cannot reassess over a 6 year period, if no one asked for one, especially if the case has been closed for years.

I done everything above board and was advised I could get out of it by taking my name from the deeds of my property, then CSA would declare me non UK resident, which they did and now they are changing their mind all these years later.
  • AnxiousMum
    AnxiousMum Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Loser....you went to all those lengths, told all those lies, created all that deception - to what......get lower assessments for YOUR child? I hope your child hasn't inherited your deviant genes.
    Many people are going to be hit up for costs of getting a CSA assessment in the future - as it's apparently costing too much to run the 'service'. I guess it's people like you that they can thank......You have mentioned in several areas of your first post the number of lies you told, the financial moves you made in order to evade supporting your child according to your real income. Now it's come back to bite you in the !!! and you're wondering if it is fair?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of this isn't an April fool's joke......more of a fool of a parent this poor child has.
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    infant2801 wrote: »
    But how can you say that - I paid EVERY penny for six years that they asked for, 12% of my then wages.

I never lied, I gave them my details for my new address including housing costs £734pm they allowed, my wages of £423.00pw net...they never asked of my partner details -so I never had to include. if you read any of the forms you would have completed, it did indeed ask of your partner's details - if you chose not to include them then you lied. The questions were quite clear as it gave half a page per question for your partner's details.

It was AFTER the 1st and only assessment was made and sorted out,... the PWC had her money she was after and my partner sold her property to pay off our mortgage.

CSA do not ask NRP to provide any changes apart from new additions to the family or children leaving the family...we never had children.

I've always paid what was due totalling over £25,000 until THEY said maintenance no longer in force, I was not even expecting that myself.

Either you are a devious liar, or you are stupid!
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    kelloggs36 wrote: »

I reckon both :eek:
  • infant2801
    kelloggs36 wrote: »

I've been up all night worried about this, I was only asking for anybodys advice/help. I've paid more in 6yrs than most fathers pay in a lifetime and I'm being treated like a deadbeat.

No, I was'nt being devious on purpose it was more shock. I nearly had a heart attack when she told me she was pregnant. I had to admit to her I already had a partner and could'nt be with her and child, thats when she threatened she would go to the CSA.

That's when I knew I had to sell my house, a house I had lived very happily as a single man, hardly any mortgage after completing my 22yrs army service (they even included my pension).

Now they are trying to say that was not allowed under old rules, taking out a higer mortgage within 9 mths of the childs birth, I can't find any info on that.

Can you imagine the worry I had, waiting for years incase my partner found out, I even had the CSA dealing through my work address. Its all through those stupid social networking sites that the PWC found her.

Kellogs: I never lied on any forms, when the 1st and only assessment was made I WAS NOT officially living with my partner. I waited a couple of months after the childs birth, CSA done assessment and THEN my partner sold her property and moved in.

Thats the grounds I am fighting it on, I didn't lie, so they can't do that, can they?
  • Since when have the csa allowed 'housing costs'? or any other costs for that matter?
    :love:
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Since when have the csa allowed 'housing costs'? or any other costs for that matter?
    On CSA1................
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    I've been up all night worried about this, I was only asking for anybodys advice/help. I've paid more in 6yrs than most fathers pay in a lifetime and I'm being treated like a deadbeat.

No, I was'nt being devious on purpose it was more shock. I nearly had a heart attack when she told me she was pregnant. I had to admit to her I already had a partner and could'nt be with her and child, thats when she threatened she would go to the CSA.

That's when I knew I had to sell my house, a house I had lived very happily as a single man, hardly any mortgage after completing my 22yrs army service (they even included my pension).

Now they are trying to say that was not allowed under old rules, taking out a higer mortgage within 9 mths of the childs birth, I can't find any info on that.

Can you imagine the worry I had, waiting for years incase my partner found out, I even had the CSA dealing through my work address. Its all through those stupid social networking sites that the PWC found her.

Kellogs: I never lied on any forms, when the 1st and only assessment was made I WAS NOT officially living with my partner. I waited a couple of months after the childs birth, CSA done assessment and THEN my partner sold her property and moved in.

Thats the grounds I am fighting it on, I didn't lie, so they can't do that, can they?
    You really can't see the lies can you? :rotfl: Even your few posts here contradict each other ;) You feel awful because you have been CAUGHT! and now the brown stuff is really going to hit the fan.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

You are getting advice, pay what is due, yes you may have paid 6yrs but monies is due for anything upto 19yrs. I must congratulate you on the speedy house sales that you achieve.
    Anyways if you really feel you have a defence/case then contact NACSA who are independant arbitrators for csa cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure