Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Superhorn
    Superhorn Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I will never book another holiday with TC. When booking I always ask if TC are involved in any way. They will not have any money from my me.

Found out a couple of months ago that the Co-op Travel is part of the TC family. I will no longer book through them either.

It appears TC may be cheaper than most travel agencies, however there is no guarantee that they will get you there at the time stated.
  • Steviek_2
    Steviek_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Superhero I am so glad its not just me! I have vowed never to have anything to do with them again nor their associated companies. Not only has each and every flight I have had with them been delayed both going out and coming back I find the staff they employ extremely lacking. The check in staff (at Manchester) are a surly unhelpful bunch the flight attendants uninterested. They are a complete shower as far as I am concerned
  • pansypotter_7
    Options
    This is my first post on here so please be gentle Lol
    I sent a letter for compensation to T. Cook for the above flight delay of 33 hours, I enclosed copies of the e ticket, boarding cards and invoice. I sent it by Royal Mail on the 10th May 2013 to be signed for on receipt. Would you believe it that Royal Mail have lost it in transit, so now I am having to send it all again. Could someone verify the address. I sent it to Customer Relations, 2-4 Goodwin Street, Bradford BD12ST, or is there a better address? Thanks.
  • katiekins82
    Options
    I sent a letter for compensation to T. Cook for the above flight delay of 33 hours, I enclosed copies of the e ticket, boarding cards and invoice. I sent it by Royal Mail on the 10th May 2013 to be signed for on receipt. Would you believe it that Royal Mail have lost it in transit, so now I am having to send it all again. Could someone verify the address. I sent it to Customer Relations, 2-4 Goodwin Street, Bradford BD12ST, or is there a better address? Thanks.

Hi I beleive that office is closed but that is where I sent my letter and they received it so they must have a mail forward on.
  • mark72h
    mark72h Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hi can anyone give me a bit of advice? the thing is i was delayed 11 hours with tc on a return flight from a package holiday on 19 june 2010 from majorca, but i no longer have any correspondence to confirm i was on this flight. i have contacted tc to see if they can assist me in locating my booking referance via there database but so far ive had no luck.
    i have given them all the information i have including passengers,dates traveled,destination, hotel etc but still tc insist without a ref number there is nothing they can do. is this correct?
  • bennmark0
    bennmark0 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options

hi,that is interesting when mcol sent the documents that was the address I used and they replied so somebody is forwarding the mail,you could try
    Thomas cook tour operators
    the Thomas cook business park
    coningsbury road
    peterborough
    pe3 8sb
    or
    Thomas cook airlines
    the litigation team
    unit 4a adwalton moor business park
    innoor road
    birkenshaw
    Bradford
    bd11 2ps
    01274 387943
    hope these help
  • maghater
    maghater Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mark72h wrote: »
    hi can anyone give me a bit of advice? the thing is i was delayed 11 hours with tc on a return flight from a package holiday on 19 june 2010 from majorca, but i no longer have any correspondence to confirm i was on this flight. i have contacted tc to see if they can assist me in locating my booking referance via there database but so far ive had no luck.
    i have given them all the information i have including passengers,dates traveled,destination, hotel etc but still tc insist without a ref number there is nothing they can do. is this correct?
    No it is not correct, first thing you have to learn TC do not do assist when it comes to them forking money out. They certainly will have records of your bookings. I would write to them listing all the people in your party, Dobs addresses and passport nos , tell them you were delayed for x hours on flight xyz from a to b. Tell them if they don't respond within 14 days you will start legal action. You can then follow the procedure layer down in the FAQs at the start of this thread or appoint a no win no fee lawyer. Good luck, and don't let them fob you off
  • pip10
    pip10 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I have been using the Birkenshaw, Bradford address and seems to be ok for me as i have sent two letters now and both were signed for the day after posting.

Also I received a holding email 14 days after my first letter so I know it's in the queue. Nevertheless I have now sent my NBA, which was my second letter.

I also sent my original letter by email to the CEO Harriet green, however I was not lucky enough to get a response!
  • alanM_3
    alanM_3 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 June 2013 at 7:15PM
    Options
    pip10 wrote: »
    I have been using the Birkenshaw, Bradford address and seems to be ok for me as i have sent two letters now and both were signed for the day after posting.

Also I received a holding email 14 days after my first letter so I know it's in the queue. Nevertheless I have now sent my NBA, which was my second letter.

I also sent my original letter by email to the CEO Harriet green, however I was not lucky enough to get a response!

You will get a response, I did today and I was told they cannot see my booking details and want me to provide them. I have reminded them that they are required to hold all information etc......

Let's see what happens now
  • pip10
    pip10 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Was this a reply to an email you sent to the CEO ?
    alanM wrote: »
    You will get a response, I did today and I was told they cannot see my booking details and want me to provide them. I have reminded them that they are required to hold all information etc......

Let's see what happens now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport