Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    edited 16 June 2011 at 12:41PM
    Hi,

Whenever i raise a ticket with Topcashback, about 99% are succesful. With Quidco, about 99% fail. Topcashback have even offered to pay me from their own money.

All i ever get from Quidco - is that my payment was paid to another affiliate.

I have never done cashback without first clearing cookies and restarting the Browser. I also use a different browser for the three cashback sites i use.

4 questions:-

1/Is the 3rd party that is getting my money actually Quidco? You always seem to have an excuse or clause from t&c's not to pay up.
    2/Do you ever take action against sites that continue to refuse to pay up.
    3/ Why would you not remove companies who continue to abuse the system - happy to get the custom - but not happy to pay up?
    4/ Many insurance companies now seem to have special landing page for cashback sites - are some adding the cashback to the cost of the policy and charging different rates than going direct? I never seem to get such good prices anymore.

Thanks in advance.
  • hi
    have looked on the quidco help pages but coulldnt find what i was looking for and was hoping someone could maybe help?
    i had to change my paypal email address due to someone hacking into my email. before i had chance to change my quidco email quidco did a payment run of 25 pounds. i have just changed my quidco email to match my paypal but is it too late now to get the money?
    many thanks
    rachael
    (addictedtosoreen):beer:
    Dear Lord,so far today i am doing alright. i have not lost my temper, been selfish or rude.i have not cursed,whined or eaten any chocolate. HOWEVER, i will be getting out of bed in a minute and i will need a lot more help after that...amen
  • Im a bit fed up with quidco at the monet , ive been waiting on £50 cashback from a virgin life insurance policy since feb 2010 !

It was investigated and approved in nov 2010 and im still waiting for cashback to be paid, everytime i chase it up im told there chasing it but nothing ever happens.

Ive also had next deline again , third time now, twice on clothes once on flowers...frustrating.
    5 kids..1 hubby...1 dog..3 rabbits and a goldfish...yep ours is a Madhouse :D

:smileyhea We love Disney...:heart:

Trying to Save for a Bigger house ...:o
  • Poolie
    Poolie Posts: 1,882 Forumite
    Hey Quidco,

Any further news on the Its My View payments which were held up after they switched networks? It is come up for 6 months now.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,

@techspec – I am very sorry to hear this. I can assure you that we are not the other referrer. We pay all the cashback on to you so if this decline reason is given then there is no benefit to us at all. It is just as disappointing for us. We use the same affiliate networks as every cashback website and it is them who send the resolutions to us. The reason you are given with us would be the same whichever cashback website you used. I do fully understand how frustrating this must be for you.

If we ever found a merchant was refusing to pay then this would not be tolerated at all but there are only a small number of declined transactions per merchant. If we do ever feel something is wrong then we always investigate this with them. I can also assure you that if we find out that a merchant was deliberately upping their prices for going through us then we would investigate this for you as it would not be tolerated. If you can supply examples then I am happy to take a look into this for you. You should get the same price going through Quidco as you do when you go through directly.

I really am sorry that you have had these problems. We do find that clearing your cookies should ensure that your transactions are not declined. If you are doing this then it is very rare that a transaction should be declined. Whilst there is usually nothing we can do I am happy to take a look into your account for you if you supply your username to [EMAIL="julieswells@quidco.com"]julieswells@quidco.com[/EMAIL]

@addictedtosoreen – As this payment will never be claimed we should be able to reclaim this for you. If you can e-mail your username to [EMAIL="juliewells@quidco.com"]juliewells@quidco.com[/EMAIL] then I will get our team to take a look into this for you.

@terriandaaron – I am sorry to hear your payment has not yet come through. I can assure you that our payment team is working on any outstanding payments and we will hopefully have this for you soon.

Can you confirm if you ever use any voucher codes with Next not supplied by Quidco and do you ever return any items or amend your order?

@Poolie – This batch of outstanding payment is specifically being worked on by our payment team. At this stage I cannot give you an update other than to say that it is still being worked on.

Thanks everyone,

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Stephen
    Quidcare
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    hi i made some online purchases a few months ago and they tracked successfully and payment made this week

i was very surprised because out of the 6 orders with the same company i returned items from about 4 of the orders

can quidco now debit my account for a % of the refunded items or not-the confirmation and payment took place well after the refunds were processed
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • skyline
    skyline Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 June 2011 at 11:44PM
    @Poolie – This batch of outstanding payment is specifically being worked on by our payment team. At this stage I cannot give you an update other than to say that it is still being worked on.

Whats happening with Populus surveys? I haven't had one payment from them!!
  • iduno86
    iduno86 Posts: 36 Forumite

Thanks everyone,

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Stephen
    Quidcare[/QUOTE]

I thought I'd ask why you've not received payment from this network for old New Vista and High Street Web, When Topcashback received payment from the same merchant last week? Could you explain to me why this is?

Thanks in advance.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everyone,

I hope you've all had a great weekend.

@celebrate – I'm very sorry about this, and thank you very much for your honesty. Sometimes some transactions can slip through the net, but don’t worry as we can certainly return the cashback to the retailer for you. In order for us to look into this further for you, can I ask you to contact the Quidcare Team by going to Help – I have a transaction/cashback in my Activity Page for something I haven’t bought, what can I do? – Contact Quidcare Team.

@skyline – I’m afraid we are still chasing up Populus Surveys for payment, I am very sorry for how long this is taking and please be assured we are doing all we can to rectify this problem.

@iduno86 – I’m afraid we can’t comment on other cashback websites, but as with all cashback; until we receive the payment from the network we are unable to pass this on to you. We do realise how frustrating this is but please be assured that our dedicated payments team are chasing them up on a daily basis.

Kind regards,

Rosie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • kikikirunna
    kikikirunna Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Quidco,

I just sent you a query regarding cashback from Charles Tyrwhitt - 10 Aug 2010 to [EMAIL="julieswells@quidco.com"]julieswells@quidco.com[/EMAIL]. It has been over 10 months with lots of queres to Quidcare Support. Every time I just get response to be patient.

I am sorry to say that TCB support team is better in chasing payments. I have only used them twice because they always TRACK properly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback