PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    Thanks amersall, yes it was with the FOS. It was just that we recieved the letter direct from Barclays four weeks ago. So I thought they would work it out. That makes more sense now . So the FOS send a cheque and work it out? I didnt know that.
    Thanks again Amersall.
    Hi there, as it is with FOS,Barclays will have calculated and it is the offer they have sent to FOS.
    They may send you the same, you could get the offer too.

If FOS are calculating,then i dont know why,i have never heard of this!.
  • amersall
    sunny8 wrote: »
    Hey guys....hubby rang FOS to enlighten them with our bad news yesterday & they cant find our complaint on file!! Aaaarrrggghhhh!! I have found it on my computer dated 5th may & thats when i sent it but they cant find it on the system!!:( However, the guy was nice & asked my hubby what had happened, he filled the guy in ( not literally, by the way!!ha) & he said we definatley had a claim & to re submit a form, also with all letters, correspondence etc and they would look at it...bit deflated as it's 9 weeks waisted, but at least now i have the chance to defiantly argue my case...will maybe need a bit of your expertise when filling it in!!:D xx
    Any time, just ask xx.
  • amersall
    Flump74 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wanted to register & thank you for giving me the motivation to make a claim against Egg for mis sold PPI on a loan.

Long story short, original Egg loan in 2002 & topped up in 2004 which completed last year. PPI front loaded from the start. Sent a letter disputing the PPI with copies of the original loan agreements to Egg in May.

Received 2 standard letters from them - the first acknowledging my complaint, the second after 1 month with information that my claim was still being investigated.

Got home today to find 2 more letters from Egg - the first opened informing me that they were still investigating my claim. The second opened contained a cheque for £6439.41 :rotfl:

Many thanks to all, if it were not for this forum I would not have had the information needed to get this done - so big thumbs up to you all :beer:

Good luck to everyone else!
    :j:j:j:jWhoopee doo :beer::beer::beer:
    My bill is in the post :rotfl::rotfl::D
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    amersall wrote: »
    Hi there, as it is with FOS,Barclays will have calculated and it is the offer they have sent to FOS.
    They may send you the same, you could get the offer too.

If FOS are calculating,then i dont know why,i have never heard of this!.

Thanks Amersall, unless the lady was just trying to fob me off. Maybe I will phone the FOS tomorrow.
  • amersall
    LynK wrote: »
    Good news, well actually very good news and bad news today.

Bad news first.
    My D Perkins card PPI that had been rejected by Santander. I have sent complaints of to the FLA but as i read on here they are pretty useless I got the info for the underwriter of the FOS and sent the complaint to them. Got a reply today from a company called Genworth Financial saying the policy was not sold by them. Called the FOS and they told me to forward all the details to them as they are associated with Financial Insurance Co Ltd. So this looks as if it's going to be a long drawn out process.

Good News
    Letter from MBNA upholding the complaint on my husbands credit card. Yeooowwww!
    Total Amount PPI £666.95
    Total Amount Interest £1198.67
    Total Amount of 8% Interest £37.28
    Total amount payable £1902.90

I am absolutely delighted, ~I did think they would take the amount of the outanding balance as its in a payment plan but the have said A cheque will be sent to you in the next 28 dys.
    Please tell me they can't change their mind and take it of the outstanding balance.
    They have moved very quickly on this one all because I emailed the CEO regarding getting no response from them 2 weeks ago aqnd this is the result.

Thank you so much for everyone on heres help without you I just wouldn't of had the first clue how to go about it!
    :j:jWell done on the good news :beer::beer:

And kinda well done on the bad :rotfl::rotfl::j
    At least this is going forward x.
  • IANC
    IANC Posts: 305 Forumite
    h0pusp0pus wrote: »
    wow thats fantastic news well done it totaly bewilders me with how they work out these refunds i thought with a £11000 payout that your balance you borrowed would be alot higher? going by other peoples pay outs for instance with my mbna card i had a £5000 balance on it and took out the card in about 2004 but got only £1300 when going by what you were refunded shouldnt mine of been more like £5000?? it worries me that ive excepted my refund but it wasnt actualy what i paid out in ppi and ive only got a % of it back :S

The biggest single driver to large PPI payouts will be the APR that was attaching to the loan or Credit Card.

For eg.

I have 2 credit cards.

The APR on one is about 16% and is 29% on the other.

Imagine the difference that will make to a claim when I have paid nearly twice as much interest on the PPI payments on one card that on the other.

Compound that for a number of years and the payouts will be very different.
    I'm a secret crime fighter ;)
  • amersall
    Hi - been away for a couple of days so not been on but anyway HSBC have actually paid the amount directly into our bank today just a week after us receiving the offer and returning the acceptance slip so thats brilliant!!

:j:jWell done :beer:
    With regard to my husband's Black Horse car loan that they couldnt possibly find (think I might have logged this on the other thread - sorry if I have) because we didnt have the agreement number and then HSBC found it for us on our old internet bank statements, well I e-mailed Black Horse with this agreement number and low and behold they found it!!! Anyways they replied stating that they had found it and would write to him in a few days, so I dont know if thats good news or bad. What do you all think?
    This may be a letter to say they have recieved your complaint blah blah,you know how it goes :rotfl::rotfl:

Can I also ask, as I said earlier, I have been away for a couple of days and came back to a slip for a registered letter that I need to pick up from the post office tomorrow. Its addressed to me and my husband and I cant for the life of me thinkk what it might be - do any of these companies send out any of the letters (or even better cheques I am keeping everything crossed without first telling you what you are getting) registered post? I am so intrigued and cant wait to go and pick it up tomorrow but am telling myself not to get excited as it might be just something that I have forgotten about and not to be disappointed cos it will be something not exciting at all.

To my knowledge,i dont think cheques are sent recorded,but you never know, fingers crossed x
  • A massive thank you to Martin Lewis and this website! At the end of last year I used the step by step instructions and letter templates on here to help claim back my PPI which was mis-sold to me when I took out a loan from Barclays. I then followed it through to the Ombudsman and today I received a letter saying that Barclays will pay me back the premiums I paid plus the 8% interest, nearly £3,000. Thank you again... :j
  • stoutman5
    stoutman5 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi Folks,
    Great news when I got home today - after taking the advice of Di, Amersall et al on this website, I constantly sent emails to LLoyds TSB CEO & their Customer Services, seeking updates on my PPi complaint. To cut a long story short, I submitted my complaint with mis sold Credit Card PPI dating back to 1988 on the 5th May 2011. Got the usual letters, acknowledging receipt of same, and a letter 2 weeks ago to say they had until 31st August to make a decision.
    One positive to look for from LLoyds TSB in their letters is their wording of
    'we want to ensure any possible redress paid to you is correct and this may take some time'

Anyway, I've badgered them in the past 2 weeks with emails, requesting updates etc, and in the post today was thus:

As our final response, we would like to offer you £5,251.74 to bring your complaint to a conclusion, followed by a breakdown of how they calculated same. I'm very happy with this outcome, because afterall, it is my money!!:T

If I can offer any advice to LLoyds TSB claimants, just keep at them - don't feel timid nor frightened. Hopefully, this is the start of many more successes for you all waiting!

I can't thank Di, Amersall etc enough for all your great advice & encouragement.:beer:

ps as a pointer, they are sending me a cheque rather than apply the monies to my credit card ( they have also cancelled my PPI on same )

Heading out now for beers!! Alan
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    amersall wrote: »
    Any time, just ask xx.

:D:D:D Thank youxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts