ERUDIO student loans help

Comments

• They ask about interest earned Lungboy. They always have a way!
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Interest is fair enough as that counts as income, but the lump sum is nothing to do with them.
  • Lungboy
    The Ombudsman made their final decision and it was in favour of Erudio, so be warned that they are allowed to refuse deferment if you supply redacted paperwork according to the FOS.
  • what was redacted?
  • Lungboy
    edited 17 February 2018 at 12:24PM
    Most things except gross pay as that's all I'm supposed to need to show.

e: I'm talking about my payslips, not other paperwork.
  • erudioed
    erudioed Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That sucks.
    I always suspected this was one of the benefits of the portal and deferring on erudio's website to erudio, apart from the sheer cost reduction, was so that they could re-redact documents sent to them if documents were redacted via a computer programme and sent directly or any other documents werent redacted before being scanned before being sent to them.
  • Pluthero
    Pluthero Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Post
    Lungboy wrote: »
    The Ombudsman made their final decision and it was in favour of Erudio, so be warned that they are allowed to refuse deferment if you supply redacted paperwork according to the FOS.

The FOS are not the LAW. Infact they have been shown to useless/idiotic etc. You dont have to abide by their decision/reasoning.

My advice. Ignore any Erudio rulings/findings/ or their take on the deferment process. Submit your income evidence as you did under the original loan terms. Erudio will threaten many many things. They have NEVER taken anyone to court or put any loans on CRA's. Threat is their business model and it works. Stand up to them and ignore them.

I was allegedly in default for 3 THREE years after they knocked back my bespoke deferment forms. The FOS were USELESS.

I kept defering every year while allegedly in default, threatened with court/termination ETC ETC. I told erudio to take me to court as I had a paper trail of all my deferment and that I was perfectly within my rights.

Last year they wiped all arrears and threats:)

I cannot believe anyone would believe a thing erudio says. Call their bluff. And ignore them until you are summoned to court (this wont happen, costs money for them with no real promise of a return)

HTH
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 February 2018 at 9:24PM
    Hello again (very long time no see)
    A couple of years ago I had to go through the FOS as Erudio stole some money from my account. Eventually the FOS ruled in my favour after a massively long and stressful period.

I graduated in 2000 and have split loans (2 with Erudio and 1 with Thesis) and the SLC have always sent my deferment form which once completed and deferment is accepted they send on to Thesis and Erudio.

HOWEVER, today i receive the usual SLC deferment package and only one loan is listed (Thesis). No mention of Erudio anywhere. Have Erudio made any changes while i've been off this forum? I'll email the SLC tomorrow but i'm betting they'll say to contact Erudio which I do not want to do. I want to fill out the nice SLC form for both loans, no way do i want to or feel i have to complete Erudio's.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.
    meh...
  • Lungboy
    zombi wrote: »
    Hello again (very long time no see)
    A couple of years ago I had to go through the FOS as Erudio stole some money from my account. Eventually the FOS ruled in my favour after a massively long and stressful period.

I graduated in 2000 and have split loans (2 with Erudio and 1 with Thesis) and the SLC have always sent my deferment form which once completed and deferment is accepted they send on to Thesis and Erudio.

HOWEVER, today i receive the usual SLC deferment package and only one loan is listed (Thesis). No mention of Erudio anywhere. Have Erudio made any changes while i've been off this forum? I'll email the SLC tomorrow but i'm betting they'll say to contact Erudio which I do not want to do. I want to fill out the nice SLC form for both loans, no way do i want to or feel i have to complete Erudio's.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

It is definitely the SLC that should be dealing with your loan as per this FOI response. IT could have changed since then i suppose, but nobody has mentioned anything about it. I seem to recall multiple people posting in here about SLC not realising they are supposed to deal with these split loans, so it might come down to who you speak to. Try again and if no luck, raise a formal complaint.
  • I had exactly the same thing happen a few years ago. I also got a deferment pack from SLC yesterday that only mentioned Thesis and not Erudio. I phoned SLC straight away, not wanting to get in to it with Erudio! The first person I spoke to was no help at all and said to call Erudio. I called the number on a previous SLC letter that is listed as Erudio help. Once they guy had confirmed who I was he said that I could send back the latest deferment as usual and add in the numbers of the Erudio loans.
    He said that Erudio are meant to request that SLC send out a deferment pack on their behalf (but obviously haven't), SLC then send it out to us and inform Erudio of the result, as they have previously.
    I will be sending my pack back on Monday with the added loan numbers from Erudio and keeping my fingers crossed that the guy at SLC is correct in what he's told me to do. He said that nothing has changed if you have loans held by more than one company, SLC are still administering them.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Kellie
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport