I want to stop drowning

Comments

• debtaghh wrote: »
    I feel unwell, dizzy spells , pains and generally rubbish :(

I had a quick look earlier and once I’ve made my payments tomorrow my shortfall will be approx £350 I think.

Booooo to illness look after yourself.

Ouch to the £350 - no chance of a 0% balance transfer?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks.

To be honest a 0% won’t really help as a lot of them are in that already. I’m just going to try and pay as much as possible off and be frugal.
  • debtaghh
    Morning,

I’m now full of cold/flu :(

I will make payments today and then update my signature! Apart from that and the washing I don’t think I’ll do much else.
  • debtaghh
    Signature updates and payments made. Feels like I’m still so far from being debt free!
  • Hi Debtaghh

steps out of lurkdom to say keep going...debt can be overwhelming but chipping away a bit at a time eventually works.

what about putting up a percentage paid off... or a total paid off.

It will motivate you and make you feel you are winning the battle a bit at a time.

Take good care of yourself, we cannot change the mistakes of the past but we can put new methods in place so we can achieve our goals.
  • debtaghh
    Thanks sweetpea, I’m not really sure how to work out the percentage 🤔
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Great idea of sweet pea . Hope you feel better soon.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done. You have paid off £4052 since October. That is 4.63% of the total debt of £87549.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Well done. You have paid off £4052 since October. That is 4.63% of the total debt of £87549.

Thanks, how do you work it out?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    You divide the amount paid off by the total amount of debt (starting figure) and then multiply by 100. Most calculators work it out for you but each month you will take that £87549 as your starting figure then divide by the amount repaid so next month it will be £4052 plus whatever you pay off in February. The percentage will increase by roughly 1% each month at your current repayment rate.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback