Please help! They won't give me my prize!

Hi all - would really appreciate some advice.

Won a signed shirt on the MicahRichards website back in JUNE and still not reeived my prize.

I have sent them around 20 emails (using their website contact form). I was never informed of my win but googled my name and saw my name on the 'winners list.' I have had one email back from them altogether stating that I was in fact a winner. That's all!

I am fed up of emailing them as I have been emailing them since July.. we are nearly in November now. There's no other contact on the website as far as I can see.

How can I ensure I get my prize? Any help GREATLY appreciated!:(

Comments

• mysticwen
    mysticwen Posts: 2,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I won, I won, I won!
    i am having the same problem with funky fogey i won in june and they had my name on their website saying i was the winner of a kenwood smoothie maker - the site is still running i have e mailed on every contact form and address given but no joy - makes you feel like tearing your hair out:mad:
    i wonder if you can find a telephone number by searching the company on line - or hopefully another kind mse'r will have won a prize from them and have more advise - some prizes can come though up to a year later so do not give up hope.
    hope you get your prize in the near future
    happy comping:)
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ditto i won £300 baby feeding kit from babyworld website in december/january!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i spent 6 months emailing and trying to get my prize but they just kept fobbing me off saying they would chase it up, but nothing every comes :( i just gave up in the end, very frustrating as it is one of my biggest wins this year :(

so sorry i havent got any advice for you tho i hope something turns up. i would have been happy if anything would have turned up as a replacement or consolation but they never got intouch with me once to let me know what was happening :( very bad customer service
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • RatGirl
    RatGirl Posts: 11,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Also I'm having the same trouble with a comp win from 247 Magazine, if anyone has had any dealings with them?
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    7 What happens if my prize doesn’t turn up?
    This is going to be individual to each comp. Usually it will state in the T & C for each comp how long it should take for the prizes to be dispatched to winners. As a general rule though or in the absence of any particular details in the T & C, allow 28 days, (allow more if we are experiencing postal strikes or extreme weather conditions). If the prize hasn't arrived by then, get in touch with the company offering the prize. Try to contact the person whose details you have & ask politely if there is a problem with delivery. A telephone call is the best way, but failing that try emailing them. If they don't reply, look on the original website for contact details & contact them, again being as polite as you can.

If you still get no response from them, there are a few different things you can try.

The Institute of Sales Promotions [EMAIL="complaints@isp.org.uk"]complaints@isp.org.uk[/EMAIL] lay down the guidelines which comp organisors must follow. MSE Compers have reported that they are very good at investigating dodgy comps & missing prizes with one chap in particular [EMAIL="edwinm@isp.org.uk"]Edwin Mutton[/EMAIL], being an absolute star.

The Advertising Standards Authority have an online complaints form.

I had an issue with a prize not turning up & after chasing politely for 5 months, I mentioned that I had been advised to talk to the Institute of Sales Promotions about the matter. Funnily enough that resulted in a letter of apology within a few days, along with a box of ‘Apology Goodies’ & my prize turned up 2 weeks later. Just remember to keep your cool & remain polite.
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • bella165
    RatGirl wrote: »
    Also I'm having the same trouble with a comp win from 247 Magazine, if anyone has had any dealings with them?
    ring them on
    Bristol office: Hebron House, Sion Road, Bristol, BS3 3BD (Tel: 0117 953 6364)
    Plymouth office: Grosvenor House, Belgrave Lane, Plymouth, PL4 7DA (Tel: 01752 294 130)
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • bella165
    lucinad wrote: »
    ditto i won £300 baby feeding kit from babyworld website in december/january!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i spent 6 months emailing and trying to get my prize but they just kept fobbing me off saying they would chase it up, but nothing every comes :( i just gave up in the end, very frustrating as it is one of my biggest wins this year :(

so sorry i havent got any advice for you tho i hope something turns up. i would have been happy if anything would have turned up as a replacement or consolation but they never got intouch with me once to let me know what was happening :( very bad customer service

ring them and bug em

Our address
    babyworld.co.uk
    Slate Barn
    Mongewell Park Farm
    Wallingford Road
    Wallingford
    OXON
    OX10 8DY [EMAIL="%20contactus@babyworld.co.uk"]contactus@babyworld.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Customer Service:
    [EMAIL="brenda@babyworld.co.uk"]brenda@babyworld.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    babyworld shop
    Telephone: 01491 821877
    babyworld showroom
    Telephone: 01491 821290
    email : [EMAIL="babyworldshop@babyworld.co.uk"]babyworldshop@babyworld.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • bella165
    Hi all - would really appreciate some advice.

Won a signed shirt on the MicahRichards website back in JUNE and still not reeived my prize.

I have sent them around 20 emails (using their website contact form). I was never informed of my win but googled my name and saw my name on the 'winners list.' I have had one email back from them altogether stating that I was in fact a winner. That's all!

I am fed up of emailing them as I have been emailing them since July.. we are nearly in November now. There's no other contact on the website as far as I can see.

How can I ensure I get my prize? Any help GREATLY appreciated!:(

and for you follow them on twitter and bug them on there as they sure wont want everyone else seeing they aint sending there prizes hth
    @OfficialMR2 is there twitter id
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Presumably there is every chance that the winner was someone else with the same name?
  • ells2123
    ells2123 Posts: 624 Forumite
    Personally I would get straight onto the ISP, similar has happened to me in the past - i have mithered a company for months on end and then funnily enough within a couple of weeks of contacting the ISP my prize has suddenly turned up... I think that I emailed the generic address but got allocated Edwin anyway who was really nice and helpful.

Good luck and I hope you all get it sorted x
    2011 wins so far: Radio Deal package worth £600 :)

Best prizes ever:
    Two flights to Tokyo & a years supply of Gas and Electric !!! :D
    Thanks to everyone that posts! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills