ITV Comp win query

Options
sunfield91
sunfield91 Posts: 200 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 20 December 2014 at 2:45PM in Compers chat corner
Hello
First I hope this is on the right thread apologies if not
On 12th Nov I received a phone call to say I had won one of the weekly ITV comps. As you can imagine I was both delighted and gobsmacked. The lady said that it could take up to 28 days to receive the cheque
On the 12th December I rang to say that it had not arrived. The system is that you give your details to the operative and they then email them to the correct department and the first contact person calls you back when they get a reply. I received the call back within 20 minutes to say that it can take up to 28 WORKING days to come, but to call back around the middle of the next week
I called back on the 17th December , again they took details, no call back received , zilch!
I then called yesterday, 19th Dec (28th WORKING day), they apologised and said another stencil would be sent to the department, including in it the fact that my previous query had not been replied to. Still waiting, and I am reluctant to phone again .
Has anyone had any experiences like this please, who could help
I do not want to appear greedy , but if I had been told it would take say 2 months to receive the cheque I could deal with that, but its so frustrating , not knowing and the money would have helped tremendously at Christmas

Comments

• Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It can take up to 28 working days to be despatched, include Christmas post, well, delivery ould be this week or even next.
    Thank you all who post.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on your win and sorry it is taking a while to turn up. I can't really help as my cheque turned up within the 28 days.

Your problem now is that they will be in Christmas mode. I do hope it comes soon for you.
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • sunfield91
    Options
    Chyna-s wrote: »
    It can take up to 28 working days to be despatched, include Christmas post, well, delivery ould be this week or even next.
    Thanks for your reply
    Well its not this week as the postie has been and gone.
    I just don't know whether to not contact them til after Christmas or be a nuisance and keep phoning
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    edited 24 December 2014 at 1:01PM
    Options
    How hard can it be, for ITV to write a cheque (or do a BACS!).. and what's with this 28day thing, anyway..?

name and shame on twitter, facebook etc.
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Aaaargh must be so frustrating! I can imagine how excited you must have been to get the call 6 weeks before Christmas, and planning what a great Christmas you'd have with the money! From what I've read on here, the dispatch time varies wildly with ITV. Some winners have had their cheque in a week, others have been like you and waited weeks & weeks. If it were me, I really would keep hounding them until it gets sent out - but then I'm the impatient type! Fingers crossed that it turns up and you get to have a bit of a spend before Christmas! xxx
  • sunfield91
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    Aaaargh must be so frustrating! I can imagine how excited you must have been to get the call 6 weeks before Christmas, and planning what a great Christmas you'd have with the money! From what I've read on here, the dispatch time varies wildly with ITV. Some winners have had their cheque in a week, others have been like you and waited weeks & weeks. If it were me, I really would keep hounding them until it gets sent out - but then I'm the impatient type! Fingers crossed that it turns up and you get to have a bit of a spend before Christmas! xxx

Thanks so much for your reply
    I neither want to appear greedy or needy but it's really getting me down. I think that for such a big company they are really inefficient, I know they must have governance/security procedures to adhere to but surely 6 weeks is pushing it. One half of me wants to go with the flow and accept that it will turn up sooner or later and not get upset , and the other half wants to be a nuisance and keep phoning.
    Either way I will be sending an email to them with my comments when I do receive the cheque.
    The trouble is you don't get to speak to the people who are dealing (or indeed not dealing with it) and I don't want to be awkward with the first contact people , I have worked in a job where you get blamed for other people's errors and it's not nice.
    I am now worried that if they send it now it will get lost in the Christmas post!!!
    The frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be any procedure for putting me through to anyone else.
    As you said aaaargh!!!!
    The good thing ( in one way) is that I am getting over being upset and just getting annoyed !! I find it easier to deal with a situation in this frame of mind
    Will definitely call them back on Monday , after the postie has been, although I have no chance of getting it before Christmas

Hopefully will be able to have a splurge in the sales
  • ozbird1
    ozbird1 Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    I think mine took about 3 weeks to come, I'm sure it was just normal post & I didn't have to sign for it - scary as it was 4k !
    2013 Goals [STRIKE]ipad[/STRIKE] , Australia holiday,[STRIKE] cash [/STRIKE]:D
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    3.13. The Promoter or prize provider(s) endeavour to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of winner confirmation unless stated otherwise in the interaction information

Should really say "working days" if it is and not just days but I suppose they cover themselves with "endeavour" anyway.
  • sunfield91
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Should really say "working days" if it is and not just days but I suppose they cover themselves with "endeavour" anyway.

Thanks for your reply, I had looked up the T's and C's too and noticed that. It will get mentioned when I send the email (after I receive the cheque)
    If you don't mind me asking what is your opinion about me contacting them AGAIN on Monday. As I have previously said I cant expect the cheque before Christmas now, but its the not knowing which is DRIVING ME MAD!!!!
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Firstly- well done! However...

This has gone on too long. My next email to them would be today.
    It would begin by expressing the joy I felt at being told 6 weeks before Christmas of such a fantastic win- how I was thrilled my plans for a sumptuous festive season would be enhanced. I'd then express my deep disappointment that such a large company was taking so long to fulfil its promises and completely failing to respond to emails. I'd even say that the thrill of winning was being tainted by having to chase up my win as it made me feel "Greedy and needy." I'd conclude that I hoped for a VERY swift resolution so I could finally experience the thrill they show in their advertising of such competitions.

Good luck x
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport