Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    :beer: Reporting a -1lb loss this week! Had hoped for more but I guess a loss is still a loss! I have worked my butt off at bootcamp (twice!!) Aqua. Zumba and clubbersize this week! I am definately toning up and my body shape is changing but the weight loss seems really slow. There was talk that exercise really stalls people but I'm not willing to compromise my exercise and figured the weight loss has to catch up soon! :o

Trying to do my meal planning for the week, have lots in the freezer but keep heading for the shosp when the fridge looks like it has a tiny gap to fill :eek:

How is everyone?

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Betty & ruby, I sorry you’re having such uncomfortable and stressful times at work.

Congrats on weight loss, mary.

Enjoy the match, maman.

I’ve been better behaved today, thank goodness.

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: hexa cheese and mushroom omelette, tomatoes
    Lunch: hexb roll, salmon, mayo (1), nectarine
    Snack: jammy piece (5)
    Dinner: mince, potatoes & turnip, Rowan Glen coconut yogurt (1)
    Snack: 2 caramel snackajacks (5)

Syns: 12
    Syns balance: 3 Syns saved: scone (I'm still paying for it!) - 10
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Amazed to report a 1/2 off.
    Think it was as it was quite warm & I wore a frock.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening.. well done on all the losses :T:T:T

Lost 1.5lb tonight :T pleased that I've managed to lose again but I missed my club 10 by 0.5lb.. next week definitely! I'm now the lowest weight I've been in 3 years! :j

Big hugs to Beanie and Lois, hope you're both feeling better xx and to bettyboof and ruby, work stress if awful and I hope you manage to resolve it soon x

Welcome to the board cherry and Jessiesmum :wave: if you're veggie then you may as well do the green plan Jessiesmum, they don't really go through it at class anymore and it's not in the books but it still works. Good luck!

I bought the curry book tonight GFB, the recipes look lovely although there are a few too many ingredients in some of them! I feel like cooking up an indian feast over the weekend!

Hope you enjoyed yesterday & today Maman, did OH have a lovely birthday?

I was pay lady at class today as someone else did the shop so I've properly stepped out my comfort zone and it was all fine :j.. didn't make any mistakes (as far as I know) and got to do lots of different bits. Very excited to be more part of class :D and it'll keep me on the straight and narrow.

Hope everyone is ok xxxx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2016 at 9:36PM
    Evening all

I didn't make it to group last night, I felt OK most of the day but an hour before I was due to go the dizziness started again and I didn't think it was a good idea to drive. Shame as I was looking forward to getting a copy of the new curry book.

Well done Shala, it must be great to be at a new low. :T Club 10 will be yours next week.

Mary - I've never heard that theory about exercising stalling weightloss. Muscle is denser than fat so it could be that although you weigh the same you've lost inches. Exercise is great for your metabolism as well as all the other benefits so it's all good.

Beanie - well done, 1/2lb is a good loss when you're not expecting to lose. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Hugs to Betty and Cherry, hope your work situation improves really soon.

Back tomorrow.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Hi ,this is my today's menu....

Breakfast .. Bran flakes A/B strawberries, blueberries.

Lunch Bacon omelette tomatoes beetroot. 50/50 Crustless 3 Syns melon

Dinner tomato soup s/w chips burger haricot beans gravy 2 Syns
    Extra 2 ryvita 3 Syns 2 cracker bread 2 Syns.
    10 syns
  • Food here is naff, no real option to behave.

Breakfast this morning consisted of a lot of bread and cake! (Who eats cake for breakfast.. Me obviously!)

No lunch as was too busy sunbathing.

Dinner was pasta with a tomato sauce, some chicken on the side, and a bit of salad (tastes weird though!).

Hugs to all that need it!
    Xx
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    :T Good to see more losses rolling in.:T

So pleased you enjoyed your evening as pay lady Shala . This time next week we'll be celebrating your Club10+:D
    DH had a good birthday but it tipped over to today as we had cake with family and wine syns as our team won a game at last! So my meals have been good today but too many extras. :(
    Will try harder tomorrow but Saturday is DGD's birthday so another meal out. It's obvious how our family spend Christmas! :o:rotfl:
    Glad you're keeping in touch rj.Just try and enjoy your holiday and sort it when you get back.
    Sorry you missed your group lois but you were right not to drive feeling dizzy. Hope you feel better soon. :)
    Meal plan needs to be done tomorrow, that always gets me in a positive mood for the week ahead. :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Past two weeks I lost and then gained the same.

This week, 1.5lb off. How?I ate a large pack of peanuts, a bar of Green and Blacks chocolate, chicken katsu curry, 2 pints of beer, 2 fingers of shortbread and an individual pork pie. Not the best thing to advertise SW - eat rubbish, lose weight

Going to Italy on Monday and won't be following the plan at all. Only things I will be doing are if I want a Coke, I order/buy the light/zero version and in the hotels for breakfast, if anything cooked is swimming in fat - to avoid. As these foods will just taste of fat.

I heard of people sticking to the plan when they go on holiday. Then they look back feeling miserable as not able to enjoy the cuisine. Also, I have noticed from my time abroad, when eating out, the restaurants and cafes don't use a lot of F&V despite of their country growing loads and exporting to other countries such as the UK!

My last day of work tomorrow before I go and I will be having a lamb donner kebab with chips with a beer to celebrate no work for two weeks.

Though got 2 punnets of apricots, 1 large punnet of nectarines, half a punnet of plums and five apples to consume before I go. :rofl:

Tea is using up all my veg - chicken in chopped tomatoes with pepper, mange tout and baby potatoes with a side salad.

It will be a very early start for me on Monday - 2:30am wake up call. Weigh myself, write the weight down. Get home, weigh myself the fist morning I wake up.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy holiday SM.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure