Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Sutcliffe
    Sutcliffe Posts: 12 Forumite
    myself and my wife received a text message on the 15th June to advise each of us that due to the changes in out of bundle charges above the RPI that we had a right to cancel my contract.

we both wrote to Vodafone (using the address in the link on our text message) on the 28th of June to advise them that we wish to exercise this right and we haven't heard anything back.

I know the letters have been received as we sent them next day signed for. when will we be contacted by the connection team.

kind regards.
  • Sutcliffe
    Hello,

The Code I have been sent is: 13685356.

I look forward to being contacted by you in the near future.
  • Hi,

I'm trying to complain to Vodafone about two separate incorrect billing issues and I can't even fit the whole complaint in the social escalations hub form. To cut a long story short, the main one is a Band 3 insurance incorrectly left on my tariff on top of a Band 2. The phone helpline and local branch both claimed to have solved the problem but they lied and then blamed each other. In the meantime I'm still being charged and nearly went overdrawn because of Vodafone.

I also don't want to be contacted via mobile as the phone signal is terrible where I live (yay, Vodafone!) so I always use a landline for calls when I'm at home. However, on the electronic form it insists you put your mobile number in. How can I ensure my complaint gets dealt with if I can't even explain it in the form and I can't guarantee someone will actually have the sense to realise they shouldn't call the mobile number? (In previous complaints I've had either no calls from them or they've called the mobile regardless).

When you let me know what to do regarding the form character limit and the mandatory mobile contact number I'll submit my form.

Thanks
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi p_o_l_l_y,

Please give a brief overview of the issue in the message part of the form, I'd also advise that you state any preferred contact method too. Our team do usually call, but if you'd rather they'll contact via email.

Only a brief overview is required when submitting the form, as you'll be given the opportunity to expand on any issues when our team get in touch with you.

With regards to entering your mobile number, this is to enable our team to find your account - so that they can investigate any issues you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vodafone
    I have logged my original letter and have been sent the following number by email

Steve

Hi Steve,

Our team tried to contact you yesterday, via phone but couldn't get through to you. I can see they've emailed you, if you have any queries about what's been said - please reply to the email directly.

Hi Jez Jones and Sutcliffe,

We've received both your messages and our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • ref WRT 13698186

I migrated my old number from Vodafone to EE some years ago, using a PAC. I have been unable to send/receive texts for about three weeks now, whether as iMessage or SMS. EE tell me it is because Vodafone are trying to reclaim their old numbers beginning with 07979 and that they are 'working to try and resolve it' but nothing seems to be happening. Have had to buy another SIM for texts. Ridiculous. I am now paying for a contract which is not being upheld. if I was in breach of contract I'm sure they would deal with it much quicker.
  • Jez_Jones
    Jez_Jones Posts: 5 Forumite
    Thanks Sarah, I can confirm that Binil phoned me today and dealt with my problem quickly and efficiently. This is the first time Vodafone have solved an issue for me so thankyou.
    Vodafone wrote: »
    Hi Steve,

Our team tried to contact you yesterday, via phone but couldn't get through to you. I can see they've emailed you, if you have any queries about what's been said - please reply to the email directly.

Hi Jez Jones and Sutcliffe,

We've received both your messages and our team will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
  • Vodafone
    Hi fesneddon1,

We've received your message and our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
  • Sutcliffe
    Hi Binil,

I have Emailed the information back to you as requested.

Kind Regards
  • HI, I am new to this forum and seek some advice on a porting issue I am experiencing with Vodafone UK.

I bought a new Vodafone UK monthly contract in May 2016. As soon as I received new Vodafone SIM card, I gave my O2 PAC code to Vodafone UK to transfer my old number from O2 to Vodafone in first week of May and received a text message confirming that the transfer will be completed within 3 working days. However, for over two weeks Vodafone UK failed to transfer the number from O2 to Vodafone because the customer service team member who took the request failed to initiate the process. Vodafone UK team asked me to call again and put a new request for transfer number and this new request was fulfilled and since then I am using Vodafone UK services and paying them by direct debit.

Recently I checked my bank statement and found out that O2 was still debiting monthly charges since May 2016 and on inquiry they inform me that Vodafone has not completed the transfer process and my number is still active on O2. I inquired with Vodafone UK to get the facts regarding this discrepancy and to my surprise my number do not exist in their system but the same time I am using Vodafone UK services and paying them for the same.

I first contact Vodafone UK on 30 June 2016 to resolve the issue and was over the phone with their customer services team member (Mr Chris) for over one and half hours but the issue was not resolved and a call back from customer service team was promised to resolve the issue. I never received a call as promised and next day again, I was over the phone speaking to another customer services team member for nearly 2 hours but the issue was not resolved as no one is able to find out the root cause and I was given some lame excuses for the error. Although, the customer service team member admitted that an error has occurred at Vodafone’s end and thus the porting of the number was not done properly. The customer services team member also assured me that once the porting process is completed, Vodafone UK will refund the money I have been paying to O2 for last three months and will also compensate me for all the time I have spent in resolving this issue and the inconvenience that have experienced due to a fault at their end.

I called Vodafone UK’s customer services number on Monday again (04 July 2016) to get an update of the issue and spoke to a different customer services team member (Ms Jasmine) and explained her the problem for over 1 hour. Then she transferred the call to a manager (Mr Dan) who assured me that the porting issue will be sorted within 24 hours and I will be entitled for the refund. I called Vodafone UK’s customer services team again on 06 July 2016 and in a span of 54 mins of the conversation, in spite of requesting all the team members I spoke to let me speak to the manager, and all that time my call was transferred between 7 different customer service agents but no manager was available onsite to speak to me.

I have now been given the following information;
    1. Although I am using my old O2 number on Vodafone UK network but the porting of this number has not been done.
    2. It’s not Vodafone UK’s fault and I have to ask O2 for refund and not Vodafone UK.
    3. I will not be compensated for the time I have spent in resolving this issue with Vodafone.
    Could you please look into the issue and let me know where I have failed to correctly follow the process in requesting Vodafone UK to transfer my old number from O2. Why am I not entitled for the refund of the money I have paid to O2 in last 3 months and why should I be penalise for an error beyond my control. Could anyone please let me know how come a customer is made to pay for one number active on two different networks? What are my legal options to sue Vodafone UK?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport