No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Options

Comments

• Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'd like to join this challenge.

I've just moved house. It was a short notice move so I didn't have time to declutter beforehand, it's been a case of just throw everything into boxes and get out of old property.
    While I was in the process of throwing everything into boxes I was shocked and embarrased by how many toiletries, nail stuff, and most of all cosmetics I own and truth is, lots of things I'd forgotten about.
    Most of it is currently boxed up so I'll be sorting through it over the next week or so. I'm trying to work out how to organise it all so it's not in my way every day but at the same time I'm aware of it and as I use up one eg blusher, I just go to my stash for the next one instead of buying new.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Dawning.

I have a uu

Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Brown Glow - WNBA, this is a very good eyeliner, creamy and easy to apply and lasts really well but this particular colour leans too red for me. Feels great to finish a complete eyeliner though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Dolly.

I'm also a big fan of those Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners, very good quality for the price. I find that a lot of eyeshadows and liners in brown can pull quite red on me, so I'll make a note to avoid buying Brown Glow, although I found so many eye pencils I think I have enough to last me for years!
  • sunny_money
    Options
    Welcome Dawning! I'm sure you will find this thread helpful :-)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Welcome Dawning

Hopefully this thread will be helpful :)
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    face wipes in twin pack
  • sunny_money
    Options
    UU
    Aromatherapy Associates - Balance Conditioner - 40ml.
    Yay on to the next mini conditioner..
    Nivea - Soothe & Protect Lip Balm.
    Proud of myself for not buying a new lip balm and continuing to use one from the stash I'm not a fan of!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Le Soft Solid Stick Perfume - Emboille Moi (sp), WNBA, this was a very nice scent though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • fudgesmoothies
    Options
    Another stack of empties, August has been so busy i only seem to get a chance to post in groups!

UU 13-23:
    Essence Lash Princess Mascara WNBA. I loved the effect this had on my lashes but it smudged everywhere. If there was a waterproof version i might buy again
    Pixi Brow Gel WNBA. Replaced with a cheap clear mascara, does the same job
    Korres Santorini Shower Gel 40ml WMBA. Might buy if i'm in Greece as its cheaper. Keeping the small bottle to refill.
    Ted Baker Body Spray 50ml WBA
    Sanex Sensitive Deodrant Roll On WMBA. This was bought when i'd forgotten mine on a trip, finished and replaced with another as i forgot again...
    Dove Maximum Protection Deodrant HG
    Balance Me Flash Cleanse Micellar Water 30ml WNBA. Disliked the smell and not very effective.
    2 x Head and Shoulders Samples Took away on a nightstop with work, saves space
    Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Sachet WBA.
    Aldi Baby Wipes WDBA. Cheap and useful
    Kueshi Hair Mask for Brightening and Volume 50ml WNBA. This smelt incredible but sadly did nothing for my hair.

Ins 14-16:
    Asda baby wipes
    Aldi Roll on Deodrant
    Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa lip balm
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've finished the final item on my PP list:

Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser 190ml WNBA. I thought this would be good for me but it turned out to be too harsh for my skin. So I repurposed it as a hand wash. I'm glad it's done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure