Microwave refunded but NOT collected - Can I keep it?

Comments

• Ganga wrote: »
    Why would you want to keep it if was unsuitable? or does a free one suddenly seem ok!

Like many things, once it's free, it becomes far more "suitable" :rotfl:

I don't recall saying it was suitable. I want to know if it's Ok to keep it because I want to sell it. I just want to make sure I'm within the law. But thanks for your "help". I appreciate it.
  • I don't mind other opinions even if they don't agree with mine.

Not interested in sarcasm or trolls tho, so if that's you pls KIM. Ta.
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Asda are not going to agree to give away the Microwave simply because of a failure to collect by their courier.

I don't know why anyone would seriously suggest asking them to gift it?

Solution is to simply take it to the local Asda store...

There is an old saying which holds true :p

"If you don't ask, you don't get" ;)
  • anirah2 wrote: »
    I don't mind other opinions even if they don't agree with mine.

Not interested in sarcasm or trolls tho, so if that's you pls KIM. Ta.

Who's Kim? Is that who you want to sell the microwave to?
  • Lol, no. KIM = Keep It Moving. Tecnically it's K.I.M. but I'm lazy
  • Why_Not_
    Why_Not_ Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 October 2016 at 10:54PM
    daytona0 wrote: »
    There is an old saying which holds true :p

"If you don't ask, you don't get" ;)

True! Not sure if I'm bold enough though. Was planning to write to Head Office. Not sure how long I'll be able to remain on my high horse* after that!
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    anirah2 wrote: »
    True! Not sure if I'm bold enough though. Was planning to write to Head Office. Not sure how long I'll be able to remain on my high after that!

Just send them an email along the lines of:

Dear X,

I have a microwave which you kindly refunded for being faulty on [insert refund date]. You have asked for it to be returned and this was arranged through [courier name]. To date we have had the following pickup attempts:

1. [date and briefly what happened]
    2. [date and briefly what happened]

I am eager to resolve the outstanding issue and I am more than happy to arrange for another convenient pick-up time. Please advise me on the best steps at this stage. One option is that, with your permission, I take the microwave to the skip as it does not serve any purpose due to the faults present. Please let me know whether or not this as an option as, whilst I am more than happy to accommodate further pickup dates, it may be the most efficient option at this time.
  • I have a microwave which you kindly refunded for being faulty on [insert refund date]

Thought OP said it was "unsuitable", not faulty?
  • Thought OP said it was "unsuitable", not faulty?
    Since he's hoping to sell it, I'd wager it was refunded as unsuitable. I sincerely doubt the OP will be allowed to keep the item regardless; so all this discussion is moot.
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Since he's hoping to sell it, I'd wager it was refunded as unsuitable. I sincerely doubt the OP will be allowed to keep the item regardless; so all this discussion is moot.

Well one Amazon customer got to keep £3,600 worth of stuff sent to him by mistake.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/11269888/Student-sent-3600-worth-of-gifts-from-Amazon-because-of-computer-glitch.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure