Santas challenge 2017

Comments

• foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Well I'm at it again!
    I found some crackers!!!!! down from £6 to £1 for 12
    Also men's pj's £15 down to £8, so my FIL's preside for next year is all sorted with some other bits I've got him.
    That's 19 done!! :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You are certainly living up to your foxy name, with all your cunning bargains. Well done.
  • foxyloxy11
    Forumite
    Ha Ha . It's amazing what you can find when you've got a couple of hours to yourself whilst DD is at gymnastics :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    I'm going to join you this year. I haven't bought anything in the sales, but I want to be more organised for Christmas and presents this year. I usually pick things up as and when I see them, but have been caught out with the camera I got my daughter this year as it does not work :( Thankfully ordered online, so I have proof of purchase and Martin's SADFART mantra for support as I work to fix or exchange.

Managed to ask family for 'clutter free' presents, which are fabulous. We've so far visited Yorkshire Wildlife Park and have afternoon tea to look forward to; as well as a year's subscription to National Trust (parents & grandparents family gift).

Cat.xx
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • foxyloxy11
    Forumite
    Cat - what a great idea for presents. I still have piles to pack away!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Finally put the tree away and decs padded away ready, a few more bits brought, mainly cards and wrapping paper, holding on for boots 70% sale.

Seems to be baby boom, one if my close friends her niece expecting Feb, so knit blanket and couple of cardigans, the lady who did miss Hoodies piercings, drop her a couple of cardio off, due April, a friend from Devin she's become a nanny yesterday,,,, the baby was 11 lbs....

In and out this week, so plan is cut xmas cards up, gut the under stairs cupboard.... plan is tackle 2 jobs a week, that way little and often make a difference xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Succumbed to the temptation of body shop again. honeymania soap, hand cream and bubble bath melt x 2 of each, meant to be £28 but half price in sale and a further 40%off with 14670 code total £8.40.

Will use for friends at work for xmas or mothers day pressies.

Also earnt a £5 voucher in the love your body club now..mmmm.......spend or save ???
  • Too tempting. You'll find something you want with it I'm sure ;). Paperchase did the same with me after I ordered a lot in the sales but I didn't go again.

I'll have another run at boots tomorrow in the 70% sale. I got LOTS to put away in the half price. A few gift sets, some woodwick candles to put away for Christmas next year and a load of clothes for Zoe to put away for when she's the right size. Got 9-12 months and 12-18 which thankfully are nice and dressy so will come with us on holiday. Just booked! Didn't think we would get a holiday this year with her. But got a good deal on a cruise. Only med. didn't want to fly with her just yet.

Anyway. I'll go online for boots first and then I'll nip to the shop in town and see what's there. I got loads of points from the sales shop. So whatever I pick up in the shop I'll use points for and it'll technically be free.

But that is me done for the sales. I'll keep an eye on bargain sites, but the present cupboard is full and healthy again and I have a lot put away for Christmas. Woo.

Got a lovely cath Kidston Christmas organiser. I'm a stationary/notepad/organiser nut. My obsession is. It healthy I'm sure :)
    So I keep playing with it and looking through all the different sections and making notes already.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • I share your obsession CCL. I love stationery and in particular notebooks, one for everything! I'm liking the sound of a Christmas organiser rather than just a notebook. will look in the 70% off tomorrow, thanks for the reminder. then that's me done too.
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279
    Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    False alarm with boots sale - set alarm for 5am to check basket,,,,, have to keep waiting! Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport