Wedding Abroad Advice needed?

Me and my Partner have decided to get married but we are looking to go abroad, as it can be costly in the UK.

I am just wondering if you guys can please help me out by sharing ideas, on where and how to start planning a wedding abroad.

We are looking to get married on a beach and then back to a venue for the evening which backs onto the beach or with a garden preferably, with it it being hot temps abroad. We are looking to get married in Portugal/Greece but we are keeping our minds open to welcome any ideas.

TIA

Rob

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It may be fine for you but consider the costs you are putting your family and friends to - transport, accommodation.

You can get married in this country for under £500
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Go away on your own (just own costs to consider and see as a holiday of a lifetime and we get married at the same time and we don't have to worry where Aunt Vera is going to sit at the meal as none but yourselves are going)

Mauritius- fantastic- unbelievable-lasting memories-the best ever wedding destination (for us anyway other will have alternative ideas)
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Google 'weddings abroad'.

It will bring up hits from the major holiday companies that may give you ideas.

Some people use in-resort wedding planners, I know there is at least one in Rhodes.
    Once you've narrowed down your search from 'Greece/Portugal', check out Tripadvisor for more details. No idea of costs.
  • My husband and I got married on the beach in Mauritius at a hotel that was then called Legends. :love: It was simple and beautiful. we figured we probably couldn't stretch to a 'proper' honeymoon and a wedding for family we aren't overly close to, so we spent the whole budget on ourselves and did it abroad. :D Only thing I would have changed was getting a real musician on the beach instead of the cd player.

Oh yeh we must have googled weddings in mauritius, the woman sorted it all out for us, right down to the legal bits, i chose flowers and decided hair and make up there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure