The 5k challenge!!!

Comments

• Great news GRC!!!
    Fantastic - that should boost your savings!
    You are already doing really well! Doesn't £667 sound like a lot?!
    Keep it up!
    Think I am going to raid my meagre savings to put a dent in my credit card bill again. DH has paid off another €500 for me, so I feel I should try to match that if possible next pay day!
    Still, it's heartening to check in here and see your progress! :beer:
    Credit Card: €6000 ---> €3827.31
    Unicorn Fund: €0/3500
  • Great news GRC!!!
    Fantastic - that should boost your savings!
    You are already doing really well! Doesn't £667 sound like a lot?!
    Keep it up!
    Think I am going to raid my meagre savings to put a dent in my credit card bill again. DH has paid off another €500 for me, so I feel I should try to match that if possible next pay day!
    Still, it's heartening to check in here and see your progress! :beer:

Thanks! I have been in debt for a few years so it's a bit strange having savings!
  • Day 1 of my £5 challenge. I cashed £2.50 change, got £1.70 from Quidco so close at £4.20.:j

OH started his job today two weeks of training and then nine weeks work. I have a feeling this Xmas is going to be awesomesauce! :beer:
  • I have had a super busy day today. I had a big sort out and amongst my "clutter" found a £20 note. So £20 transferred to ISA and up to £692 :j

Must keep going tho, definately an incentive to clean more :D
  • Up to £693 got 82p from TopCashback :)
  • Daedalus
    Daedalus Posts: 4,253 Forumite
    I am going to join in if I may. Ideally I would like £5k save by the end of the year but end of January is more realistic.
  • Daedalus wrote: »
    I am going to join in if I may. Ideally I would like £5k save by the end of the year but end of January is more realistic.

Welcome Daedalus, please let us know how you get on, some of us are at different levels so some may take longer than others.
  • Hi all not a lot going on in regards to the challenge.

Yesterday I had a NSD OH paid for both lunch and dinner which was nice for a change as I am normally the one for it :D

Trying for a NSD today but need to get food in and OH's mum is coming and staying over Tues so I need to clean up yikes!!
  • Hi everyone, how is everyone doing?

Yesterday was a NSD, I stayed in catching up on news and reading. I love doing crosswords...not so rock n roll!

Today was a LSD I went to see the new Twilight movie which was great. I got to use my Nectar points so paid £1.60 for my ticket :j

I don't think I will have anymore NSD's as my bus pass has expired but I worked out it would be cheaper with two weeks off that I should pay for my fare :cool:

Thats all for now :)
  • Got £3.80 from Quidco check ins I will update my signature.

I am also thinking about goals for 2013. I think you should think about them too. I think my main one is to complete this challenge.

GRC xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport