Santander ISA rates for 2013/14.

Hi All,

I have just come out of my local Santander branch and their financial advisor has confirmed their current ISA's on offer will not change for the new ISA season 2013/14.
I had a good experience in branch today.I have opened an 123 Current account to get 3% interest on over 3K invested in account & cashback on spending on (council tax,energy bills,phone,mobile,broadband & water bills) and the 123 credit card which allows cashback on(food,fuel,transport & store shopping) too.
This enabled me to open the 2 yr fixed ISA at 3% rather than the 2.8% for non-123 account holders.....not massive admittedly but I wanted to spread my investments between cash & S&S ISA's.
If you open one of their 123 accounts you get access to other offers on travel insurance, 20% off your existing car insurance(if you show them your existing renewal premium)home insurance etc.
It all went pretty smoothly,they use their switch programme for all DD's.
Just wanted to give you a "heads up" on the new ISA's.
Regards.Gary.

Comments

• innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    There is already a Santander ISA thread, perhaps mod can merge this thread into it.

Hi All,

I have just come out of my local Santander branch and their financial advisor has confirmed their current ISA's on offer will not change for the new ISA season 2013/14.

This shouldn't be read as "Santander will not change their ISA interest rates for 2013-14". They might not change them again before the new tax year starts, but if the last year is anything to go by, they will withdraw current versions and launch new ones with lower interest. E.g. the Major ISA now available at 2.8% was 4% less than a year ago.

As an aside: no bank has "financial advisors". They might call them that but they are nothing else than sales people.

I am not in the anti-Santander-brigade, btw, quite the contrary. I am a long-standing and happy 123 customer, got a Major ISA and an esaver with them. None of this a reason to get carried away about their offers.
  • I am not getting carried away about their offers,merely sharing my experiences with others here who are thinking about where to put their money.
    They stipulated that their ISA's will not change for the 2013/14 ISA season.Neither up nor down....that is their own words and what i am passing on to others.They may indeed change but all i can share with you is what they have told me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure