Broadway Travel - trying to cancel my holiday

Comments

• Welshdebtor
    Welshdebtor Posts: 628 Forumite
    This will give you a better idea of my points.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-pricing-disputes/your-rights/

You are now binded into a legal contract as the price you paid has been accepted both by you and Broadway (see link for explanation).

The only thing that could effect your rights (and I think somebody mentioned it above) is if you could tell it was a mistake.

As in:

Same holiday everywhere else is over £900, but you got it via Broadway for £200. It's obvious it could be a mis-price.

However that rule is not so strong if every other site has the holiday for £900, but you paid £750 via Broadway.

For a clearer picture I would contact Consumer direct for professional advice. Good luck, and I hope you get to enjoy your holiday.
    Here to learn and pass on my experiences.
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If they issued a confirmation invoice at the wrong price, that is their error. If they told you before confirming your holiday, there is no contract and there is nothing you can do. Broadway Travel are members of ABTA, call the pre Departure department and see if they can help put pressure on.
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    £200 pp for a 14 night holiday AI is defo a mistake they will cancel the holiday and refund you, there isnt anything you can do im afraid

Thanks
    Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Welshdebtor
    delwynshd wrote: »
    £200 pp for a 14 night holiday AI is defo a mistake they will cancel the holiday and refund you, there isnt anything you can do im afraid

Thanks
    Del

Depends where it is for :) Skeggy will be cheaper than say America :)
    Had a total of £8200 of debt written off due to harassment during 2010 and 2012.
  • delwynshd
    delwynshd Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    Yeah very true lol

Im not in short haul anymore but off years of experience I can honestly say this holiday will be cancelled its a definate error

I know this isnt what the OP wants to hear but most of the general public would of recognised this as an error

Del
    I am a Travel Agent

My company’s ABTA numbers are P6046. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.
  • Welshdebtor
    delwynshd wrote: »
    Yeah very true lol

Im not in short haul anymore but off years of experience I can honestly say this holiday will be cancelled its a definate error

I know this isnt what the OP wants to hear but most of the general public would of recognised this as an error

Del

OP - Where is the holiday for?And do you think the price you paid is well below average or around average pricing for the resort?£200 for AI is good, but guess it does depend where you are going.

That said, some what confused by the advice I posted from CAB and The Package Holiday Regs and how they could help your case. As reading the reasons permitted for increasing price, without Broadway telling you it's hard to know if the reason of the increase are one of those three.Though without re-reading it I am sure it mentions they should give you a breakdown of the increase.have they told you and how the extra £500 is made up????
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    ryan7 wrote: »

They contacted me today to inform that each passenger would have to pay an additional £500+ as there was an error with the booking.

Its £500 more per person.
    As I said A MISTAKE
  • Welshdebtor
    Its £500 more per person.
    As I said A MISTAKE

Is it not £500 extra in total????
  • Welshdebtor
    This has been bugging me so I checked with an old friend.

If you have a confirmation e-mail or letter the price on there is the price you will pay. They can only use that clause in their T&C's if they put up the price in between you booking and them confirming.

They are within their rights to ask for the extra money and you are within your rights not to pay it and get the price they agreed in your now legally binding contract. They are responsible for the cost of their mistake not you.

This is all based on you having a confirmation e-mail (not just an acknowledgement).

That was from a friend who works in the industry. You are advised to seek professional advice and not rely solely on this.

See http://www.yourtravelrights.co.uk/what-look-out-for-with-package-holidays.html which backs up her points, and my earlier posts.
  • ryan7
    ryan7 Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi,
    Thank you all for all your help & advice.

The package holiday was booked with Broadway Travel to Fuertaventura:

4 x flights = £592.0
    Accommodation is 4 adults in 2bedroom apt, All inclusive = £60
    Plus charges, the total cost = £698

I have both email confirmation & PDF booking document.

Broadway Travel said that the hotel was purchased via Medhotels.com
    Their error is obviously the accommodation price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure