E: 20/09 (+4) Win £1,000,000 with ITV Daytime

Comments

• jaibaby
    jaibaby Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Not from the postal routes that I am aware of, had just posted this before I saw your post

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69088804&postcount=13

Postal entry limits are the same as the other entry routes, in this case 29 (From the first post "Maximum 29 entries per person, per entry method (Postal/Text/Phone)" )

Just commented on the other post but thought it was relevant here too.
    jaibaby wrote: »
    But you need to remember that with the free online route people could enter as many times as they like (phone numbers permitted). I read somewhere that someone was entering ITV comps with 30+ different numbers :eek:

I used to enter using two (home & mobile) and max the both. Now I send 1 postcard, if I catch the comp in time. Not a lot of people on these boards are willing to spend 60p odd on a stamp to enter, so therefore, the odds of someone on this forum winning is very small :(
    Thanks to all posters :A
  • I used to enter the ITV comps online using the max number of entries, and 3 telephone numbers (rising to 4 when my son joined in). I won Real Deal twice.

I now enter by postcard, usually sending around 3 per comp depending on the prize (I send more if it's a high prize). So far I've won nothing.

I would have thought us compers (MSErs) are the people most likely to be entering and the ratio of MSE winners shouldn't be any different to before.

Maybe we have less winners because there are less comps? There doesn't seem to be as many as there used to, for example Real Deal often have just one comp running across a whole week.

EDC x
    Biggest win: £10,000 from Pepsi
    Favourite win: Handmade jewellery worth £1000
    ITV Winners Club Member #1
    Check out the ITV Winners Club in IWIWIW
    I shall write in ever decreasing circles until I have nothing left to say
  • I used to enter the ITV comps online using the max number of entries, and 3 telephone numbers (rising to 4 when my son joined in). I won Real Deal twice.

I now enter by postcard, usually sending around 3 per comp depending on the prize (I send more if it's a high prize). So far I've won nothing.

I would have thought us compers (MSErs) are the people most likely to be entering and the ratio of MSE winners shouldn't be any different to before.

Maybe we have less winners because there are less comps? There doesn't seem to be as many as there used to, for example Real Deal often have just one comp running across a whole week.

EDC x

"I would have thought us compers (MSErs) are the people most likely to be entering and the ratio of MSE winners shouldn't be any different to before."

Not a snowballs chance that most entries come from people on here, the majority of entries (by far) will be from SMS or phonecall and that's not what people on here are likely to do (or at least not to the maximum number of entries).

That's why there's not many winners using the free postal route, they're massively outnumbered so statistically the odds are seriously against there being a postal winner.

It was more likely using the online entry method as we'd all enter the maximum number of times per phone number used (which was cheating if we're honest).
  • skintpaul
    skintpaul Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    wowsa. Done my first and only text entry, and also a postal entry..
    breathe in, breathe out- You're alive! Everything else is a bonus, right? RIGHT??
  • cinders59
    cinders59 Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I read on fb that someone had won £30k via the postal route so it can be done :)
    Thanks to all who post comps :)
    ITV winners membersclub#2
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    T&c s say you have to do publicity as part of the deal
  • Yonce91
    Yonce91 Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry to ask a stupid question. I just wanted to confirm that you can actually send 29 x post entries. Just want to make sure that it's right before i do it. Thanks x
  • Double_V
    Double_V Posts: 912 Forumite
    Well I am going to post.
    You never know when you can get lucky. :)
  • The postal entry isn't completely free as their is a cost of a stamp each time.
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
  • tolly16
    tolly16 Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    29 postal entries is going to cost £15.66 also no guarantee the postal entries will get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure