PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    i popped into mr s today to get my magazines and also a bag of potatoes, mags dont come into my budget so 99p spent. tomorrow will be a no spend day but thurs will as i usually have my shopping delivered then. im going to try harder next week with nsd:)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations to PennyGrabber :T

Another spend in MrS today as DD has a friend coming for tea (unexpectedly) so the fish pie my brood will eat will be swopped to another day and we are having sausage, mash and baked beans. Didn't have any beans in (or spag hoops as DS2 won't touch baked beans strange child).

Also got some whoopsied casserole beef which is in the freezer for next week when I'm working, some sliced chicken which I had for lunch with my caesar salad (nomnom), 2 packs of frube pouches for £3 and some maltesers as I'm cooking malteser cake later.

80% of my budget gone now, but I have everything I need for the month, except for F&V, and something for this Sunday (although I have dropped enough hints that I expect to be eating out as its Mothers Day).

Off to update sig.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Long_tall_sally
    Long_tall_sally Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Congratulations to Keiss & your son and also to PennyGrabber on your pregnancy.

Well I realised this morning that I did need a few other things than just veg, milk & weetabix so all in all another £48 spent!

Going to the library now to pay for a book that my son took out which we cannot find & they keep sending me reminders about. This is the 2nd time this has happened & makes me a bit reluctant to borrow more books because I really don't know how we manage to lose them but lose them we do!
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • Botany
    Botany Posts: 244 Forumite
    I also would like to congratulate Pennygrabber :T:T:T!

Spent £32.43 today, with £114.96 left in the pot... will I reach my target this month? Anything could happen..... ooooh the tension....... oooh the suspence..... :p
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2010 at 12:08AM
    Spent £11.31 in Marks today and £7 in poundland. had been away for a few days so needed some bits. total spent now £76.31 leaving £63.69 for rest of month. More than enough x :T
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • alipops1986
    alipops1986 Posts: 691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I popped into Mr T for some bits and bobs spent the grand total of .............................£1.89!!

Bread Loaf reduced
    Bread buns reduced
    chocolate doughnuts
    Economy Custard creams

I shall add this to my signature!

Big shop of the week on Friday as i'm having my parents round for tea on Mother's day :j
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    just a small spend today, so doing well! :)
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Congratulations Pennygrabber!
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 March 2010 at 11:12PM
    Congratulations Pennygrabber - wonderful news!

Just had my A*da delivery and it was just over £50 - now we are having our delivery day ice-lolly binge!

My total is now £260.17 which (after a bit of trial and error :o) I make 62% of my budget.

So I'm fairly happy with that - I'm still spending but I'm definitely building up more of a store cupboard than I've ever had before and hopefully can last until about the 19/20th before we need another delivery.

Hope everyone is having a good day:)!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • Congratulations Pennygrabber!
    Have been scheming for a few days, as I have only £40 left of my £350 budget I could go 2 ways-either I could say "what the heck" and blow the budget or take a leaf from Earthmothers' tree and divide the money between the weeks I have left, ie:-£20 per week (I get paid on the 26th-roll on!) As I only need fruit, veg and a few dairy products it may be achievable! I've put my list onto Mr Ts online and it comes to approx £20, I've printed it out- sooooo all I need to do is buy those things (or look for cheaper alternatives when I go shopping tomorrow) Wish me luck!! Kitty.
    LBM 17th April 2007:j
    Credit Cards paid - July 2008 [strike]Sainsys,M&S,[/strike][strike] HSBC[/strike]
    Grocery Challenge £350
    DEBT FREE AND STILL TRYING HARD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family