PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• Oh KITTIE - So sorry you've had to cancel your holiday, hope you get a chance to re-book again whan your DH is over his 'itis' and fighting fit again.Hugs and lots of them !!!

FUDDLE - Love the look of your chalet/van for your lovely exciting holiday next year, best thing that's happened to you for quite a while eh little one? Hope you are having a lovely half term break with the girls and Alfie puppy.

I went on the bus to Waitr*se and Mr.M this morning and got 2 Gressington Duck Legs for £1.99p. a Gammon Hock for £1.99p and 5oog of Duchy Organic Lamb Mince for £2.25p woo hoo, are we going to be eating well this week or not?

Glad it was the cast and not the foot JENNY, I can't think how I got that one wrong!!!!He he he SORRY!!!

Take care of yourselves and stay warm, dry, safe and EAT CAKE!! Cheers Lyn xxx.(MAR - eating cake particularly applies to you!! L x.)
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    fuddle wrote: »
    Oh brilliant juliettet, thank you. I'll have a look.

Think I've done my tart base wrong. the sides are collapsing :(

fuddle, what happened?
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Well today has been a busy one, went into town first thing to get my haircut. Passed m.&s and they were reducing, got a huge steak pir for 1.50 and a ready meal for 80p. Didnt look at anything else tho. Had todo an emergency dash to get a birthday present for nephew, went to b&m stores and got a dinosaur thing.
    Left toen and went to the local farm to but some potatoes ready for winter. Got 2 more bags for friends as they are £7 for 25kg. Not doing anymore runs there tho, as everyone wants them delivering for free... now how much is petrol??
    Have just popped the heatng on as the sun has disappeared somewhere.
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Kittie, I had missed that you've had to cancel your holiday :( I'm really sorry. I hope the deflation feelings go away quick sharpish. Sometimes it's just not fair.
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    fuddle, what happened?

The tart pastry side collapsed during it's blind bake. According to google, it's because I didn't chill the pastry before hand and didn't put the grease proof paper right up the sides of the dish. Live and learn eh?

Also, I threw away the kidney beans when I cold have kept them specifically for blind baking. :mad: At least now I know.

What was I saying about hitting my cooking peak well before I'm 55? I'm very much doubtful ;) :rotfl:

Lyn, I was really worried about the school holidays if I'm honest. My eldest is now in junior school and thinks she 16 but in reality acts like a 3 year old. We've been struggling with her for the past few weeks (attitude, behaviour etc). I thought we would clash a lot this half term but she's gone back to the DD I know and adore :cool: I know it's short lived and as soon as she's with her friends at school again she'll change.

A very sad thing happened though... she's 8 and knows about Santa Claus. :( :(She's promised to keep it to herself for her sisters enjoyment as she's only 4. I trust her. She might be struggling with her boundaries but she would never ruin it for her sister like that. That much I do know.

Children are losing their innocence too early. :( even mine :cool:
  • Angel_Jenny
    Angel_Jenny Posts: 3,026
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wow - this thread moves fast! I can't keep up with you all!
  • Hey FUDDLE - Don't be sad as your little one grows up, enjoy it with her and let her be who she is, not easy but very worthwhile, then you'll end up as friends too!!

Is the BERO BOOK a leaflet 2 and 1/2" wide and 8"long with a young girl in a blue blouse and red and white gingham apron on it? It is Home Recipes - scones,cakes,pastry and puddings. If so, I have one on my shelf I never use, I got it as part of a job lot with a wartime leaflet on potatoes ages ago. If it's any use to you it is yours, let me know and I'll post it to you. Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    fuddle wrote: »
    Kittie, I had missed that you've had to cancel your holiday :( I'm really sorry. I hope the deflation feelings go away quick sharpish. Sometimes it's just not fair.

The tart pastry side collapsed during it's blind bake. According to google, it's because I didn't chill the pastry before hand and didn't put the grease proof paper right up the sides of the dish. Live and learn eh?

Also, I threw away the kidney beans when I cold have kept them specifically for blind baking. :mad: At least now I know.

What was I saying about hitting my cooking peak well before I'm 55? I'm very much doubtful ;) :rotfl:

Lyn, I was really worried about the school holidays if I'm honest. My eldest is now in junior school and thinks she 16 but in reality acts like a 3 year old. We've been struggling with her for the past few weeks (attitude, behaviour etc). I thought we would clash a lot this half term but she's gone back to the DD I know and adore :cool: I know it's short lived and as soon as she's with her friends at school again she'll change.

A very sad thing happened though... she's 8 and knows about Santa Claus. :( :(She's promised to keep it to herself for her sisters enjoyment as she's only 4. I trust her. She might be struggling with her boundaries but she would never ruin it for her sister like that. That much I do know.

Children are losing their innocence too early. :( even mine :cool:

Suggestion? Put on Polar Express on Christmas Eve and present both of them with little bells with their names on to put on the tree (.......oh have ear plugs handy for the constant ringing of the bells), both will love it and your older daughter will get into the spirit of it. I did this with OH's son and his nieces and nephews (varying ages but the youngest at the time would ahve been 5), the older ones loved it because I did hot chocolate and marshmallows.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    No matter how many times my girls have protested that they know about father Christmas I repeat the same thing...."if you don't believe, you don't recieve". We've never discussed it further so as far as my household are concerned he's as real as me.

Of course I know they're only humouring me now but they still want the traditional family things at Christmas that they should have grown out of by now. I was chatting to DD1 last night (she's just to turn 17) as I wondered if her boyfriend would like to join us over Christmas.....I got told not to be so daft, how could she relax and do colouring, make gingerbread houses and wear her cracker hat all afternoon if he was here? When I mentioned about maybe it being time for new traditions as they were older I was told that the same traditions would be carrying on forever as she's never going to spend a Christmas day anywhere aside from with us.

I'm sure she'll change her tune when her own little ones come along. But until then, father Christmas will be visiting as normal.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Lyn nooooooooooooooooooooo, thank you. I'd feel far too bad. I'd rather you kept it. You do enough for me already :)

My copy will last me a while yet, don't worry. I just hope they keep making scales with oz's on!

unigirl at 33 I get completely absorbed in the christmas spirit so I'm sure she will too. I hope. Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get a look at BBCGoodFood Christmas magazine yet?
  • I obviously believe in santa (cos he's real) and my kids have always known it! It's lovely now they're grown up as they make sure I get some wee things from Santa each year :heart:

As they got older I could see that they weren't sure if I was pretending or not, but humoured me anyway - now they are grown I'm not sure what they think - whether they think i'm bluffing or slightly odd (probably the latter as I am anyway), but it keeps the magic alive in our house
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure