Need not Want.

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Katzen wrote: »
    Morning all!
    just got an email advertising the amaz0n January sale. Posting on here to remind myself I do not need dvds!
    Snow day today, plan is to get myself a 'to sell' box and maybe even list some of it today.
    fingers crossed for your tyres beth

Good morning Katzen. No you do not NEED dvd's, well done. You do not NEED Amazon emails either, get rid of 'in your face' advertising.
    Best wishes, Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • beth3735
    beth3735 Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Yay tyres are still inflated!! Lets hope they did survive that glass smashing experience lol :)

Having a non spend day today, picked up my childs chesty cough, so had to pick up some Halls soothers, but i did buy them using my boots points.

Hope you all have a good day x
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    beth3735 wrote: »
    Yay tyres are still inflated!! Lets hope they did survive that glass smashing experience lol :)

Having a non spend day today, picked up my childs chesty cough, so had to pick up some Halls soothers, but i did buy them using my boots points.

Hope you all have a good day x

Honey and lemon juice with sugar (and if you want, a measure of whiskey) in a mug with hot water has been shown to do roughly the same as an over-the-counter 'remedy'
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • ninadam
    ninadam Posts: 44 Forumite
    I was really proud of myself today....i had £40 + £5 giftcards for next for my bday last week and ......I paid it all on my next bill rather than buying something new!!! :T :T :T

I didnt know u could do that actually, was really pleased when i found out!
  • ninadam wrote: »
    I was really proud of myself today....i had £40 + £5 giftcards for next for my bday last week and ......I paid it all on my next bill rather than buying something new!!! :T :T :T

I didnt know u could do that actually, was really pleased when i found out!

wow,that IS impressive! good birthday present seeing your next statement I guess:A
    LIVE SIMPLY * GIVE MORE * EXPECT LESS * BE THANKFUL

• Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Ilona wrote: »
    Good morning Katzen. No you do not NEED dvd's, well done. You do not NEED Amazon emails either, get rid of 'in your face' advertising.
    Best wishes, Ilona

A good point well made Ilona, thank you and I shall look into blocking those.

And well done Ninadam :T Clearly you NEED to be debt free more than you need to buy more clothes.

I've spent this afternoon gathering [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] treasures to fleabay. Including a rumage through a couple of boxes in the loft that haven't been touched since I moved in over 2 years ago. Slightly sad at the realisation that much of this stuff is practically worthless. Finidng it hard to part with some bits, but they can't be worth that much to me if they've been hiding in a box for year. Anyone got any tips for successful selling? (A little off topic, I know, but getting rid of useless 'wants' is part of this, right? ;))
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • FireWyrm
    FireWyrm Posts: 6,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Katzen wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for successful selling? (A little off topic, I know, but getting rid of useless 'wants' is part of this, right? ;))

Ebay are running a zero insertion fee promotion until the 31st January, so now is the time to put everything on there.

Yes, it's horrible to think that these things you spent your money on are now worthless isnt it. I'm trying to sell a filofax and I've had to relist it once already for lack of interest. Just makes you think really...

As for Amazon and stopping it...I disengaged by card from Amazon and so could not use 'one click'. Best thing I ever did. If I want it, I have to go get my card, type the number in and run through the whole process. It makes you stop and think.
    Debt Free! Long road, but we did it
    Meet my best friend : YNAB (you need a budget)
    My other best friend is a filofax.
    Do or do not, there is no try....Yoda.

[/COLOR]
  • 365days
    365days Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    Great news on the tyres and fab effort with the next vouchers.

I find that listing on ebay so things end on a weekend help. Also make sure you don't make my schoolgirl error and charge less for the postage than it is...done this twice now.:mad:

I think there is a magic way of selling but to be honest I cba. I just try to get it on as quick as I can.

Don't forget to see if FB has a selling page locally.

Along with the whole getting rid of what I don't need, I've decieded that if and when I want something I will def. look at second hand first.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Ilona wrote: »
    Best wishes, Ilona

That's something I've done too, unsubscribed from marketing emails from companys telling me I need their dust harbing clutter.
    • MSE Forum Achievements:
    • Debt-free & Proud - December 2014
    • Fully Funded 12 Month Emergency Fund - December 2020
    • Current Challenges: No Spend Challenge 2023
    • January NSD: 16/25
  • I've just read though the whole thread and am really keen to go by this mantra for this year.

I don't really know if I have particular 'wants' but I think I spend a lot of money on groceries and at times toiletries.

Now I know this year will become more difficult as we are expecting our first baby in May so I think there may be a little spoiling on the horizon, however I also want to take a year maternity and then to go back part time, so need to save money now and to change my way of thinking for when babba is here.

I have been bought a lot of toiletries for Xmas and my birthday (early jan) so should last a while, if not most of the year. And I haven't really put on too much weight so managing with 'normal' clothes at the mo, have been bought some maternity tops too. Oooo and been given some too.

I also have a number of vouchers which I like to keep hold of rather than spend for sake of it, but also conscious of shops going into administration or forgetting about them.

Currently have:
    £50 - John Lewis
    £200 - spa voucher
    £40 - debenhams
    £50 - boots
    £10 - next.

So should be able to use my vouchers to fulfil my 'wants'

Sorry for the ramble. :D
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors