Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Comments

• tigger69
    tigger69 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hi originalmissy.
    I had noticed your post had disappeared as I wanted to add my Thanks for your recommendation of Hatton. So Thank You!
    I also posted my thoughts regarding the post counts and spam as I was feeling quite peeved being new to posting here myself.

A update in regards to Money4gold, I have eventually had my gold returned following complaining to BBB and threatening M4G with legal action.
  • DiggerUK
    DiggerUK Posts: 4,992
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    weanie wrote: »
    My daughter has three 20 gm gold bars, what would the best way be of changing them into cash and do you have to pay any taxes on the sale? She does not think it a good idea to sell as 'scrap' gold. Is she right?

She would only pay CGT if over her limit.
    At the moment they are worth about 400 pounds each.They are not scrap, they are investment bars.

Don't sell. Unless your about to be overrun by the bailiffs hang on to them, they are the safest investment on the planet. They will never become worthless.

http://hattongardenmetals.com/Gold_Bars_Bullion/Buy_Sell_Gold_Bars_Ingots.aspx

http://www.coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=2&country_id=225
  • I have been thinking about selling my old gold for a wee while now but have yet to pluck up the courage to do it. I don't have a lot, about 40g but I think I'll try Hatton but will get OH to look around first. Better having a couple of hundred quid in my pocket as I wont wear it again!

Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • mrsdarbs
    mrsdarbs Posts: 411 Forumite
    Well I've decided to call a couple of local jewellers this evening once I finish work and find out if they buy 'scrap gold' or not. If they do I shall visit them at the weekend and get a quote - if not I will be trying HGM.

I will keep you updated!
  • x40ros
    x40ros Posts: 9 Forumite
    Following on from some posts on this website, I sent 43g of gold to Hatton Garden Metals and within a few days received a cheque for £310.

The good thing about this buyer is they advertise the price of gold per gram on their website so, providing what you send them is real gold, you can roughly work out what you can expect. Unfortunately, the price dropped slightly between checking the price and them receiving my gold but only by about £10 overall, and you have to pay for your own postage, which I would suggest you send insured, which cost me £4.95 for up to £500 value.

The process is simple, register your details and complete a form online of what weight you are sending in, they send an email with instructions and a reference number. Post your gold and within a day, I received an email telling me how much I was going to be sent. I opted for a cheque payment rather than BACS and, even with the postage strike, I received my payment within a few days.

Recommended.
  • Not that I'm disputing anyone who has posted on this thread but is there any 'older' or 'longer' term users that have used Hatton gold company and got any 'stories' to tell?

I got OH to pop into Ramsdens today and he got offered £120. Although they did say that they would price match any written quotes from other companies!

Sugar xxx
    "The journey of 1000 miles commenced with a single step"
  • Gonna keep my eye on the price of Hattons for a few days, then will probably use them depending on price. I've got 47g of 9ct gold, and the current quote is £346.33. Will keep you posted on how I get on.

Cindy x
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorted out a load of old and unwanted gold Sunday, weighed it and posted it special delivery yesterday. Got over £500 deposited in my account (Paypal) lunchtime today. Fab service, great price and I'm a happy bunny.
    Company was HGM.
    Hope this helps someone.
    And no, I don't work for them, I am a humble teacher.
  • nettttie
    nettttie Posts: 318
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sparhawke wrote: »
    Cash4gold is a big scam then as I warned on the previous page? ;)

right but I was talking about cash4mygold.tv which is a different company ;)
    I know lots are v similar sounding! Dave uk have put me off these saying they rejected clasps (or items with no clasps)! Am still wondering what to do as really I dont want money in my paypal or bacs or a cheque! Maybe my feet should do the walking and walk around Manchester!
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    nettttie wrote: »
    Am still wondering what to do as really I dont want money in my paypal or bacs or a cheque! Maybe my feet should do the walking and walk around Manchester!
    Exactly, go to a reputable jeweller, you'll probably even get a better rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure