Sell your story/letters/photos... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• I snapped a celebrity I spotted on a day out and sent it to HEAT magazine who printed it - still waiting for my £200 though, three months later :mad:
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • Zedkay wrote: »
    I've posted something on the dedicated photographs thread, Colin.

Can anyone tell me where to find the photographs thread please? thank you.... :o
  • briona
    briona Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me where to find the photographs thread please? thank you.... :o

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=576153

This might be the thread you're looking for – making money by selling photos online?!
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • spiddy100 wrote: »
    I snapped a celebrity I spotted on a day out and sent it to HEAT magazine who printed it - still waiting for my £200 though, three months later :mad:

Chase them. Seriously. And then chase them again. If that doesn't work, chase them AGAIN!
  • nboldock
    nboldock Posts: 53 Forumite
    fabwitch wrote: »
    I bought the Writers Bureau course on Ebay for £15, and I am enjoying reading it. I recently had an article in Full House Magazine I just supplied the details to a free lance writer and they wrote the article and I received £150. In future now I will write my own and get the full fee. http://www.starnow.co.uk/Magazines-newspapers/index.htm
    This is a good site that advertises which Magazines are looking for articles/photographs etc. It really isa good way to make some extra cash

That's an excellent site which I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for that. It is now in my "favourites"!

Personally I'd really like to see a dedicated thread on freelance writing as it's a rich market for those of us who have the urge... maybe this thread could become the nerve centre for discussion on that topic? Or maybe we could pressure Admin to give us our own thread?

I'm always on the lookout for new markets and it would be a great thread to develop I think, also helping out new writers who have never "taken the plunge" before! I'm certainly happy to help out wherever I can (PM me if you like).

Nik.
  • nboldock
    nboldock Posts: 53 Forumite
    nboldock wrote: »
    That's an excellent site which I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for that. It is now in my "favourites"!

Nik.

Damn. £4.99 per month. Now deleted from my favourites. :mad:
  • Nordictat2
    Nordictat2 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fabwitch wrote: »
    I bought the Writers Bureau course on Ebay for £15, and I am enjoying reading it. I recently had an article in Full House Magazine I just supplied the details to a free lance writer and they wrote the article and I received £150. In future now I will write my own and get the full fee. http://www.starnow.co.uk/Magazines-newspapers/index.htm
    This is a good site that advertises which Magazines are looking for articles/photographs etc. It really isa good way to make some extra cash

Well if you joined this site....you have to pay to join/submit your info. :huh:
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    lauradora wrote: »
    cheers tabs is that a book??? have you got an isbn number???

There's this here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Writers-Artists-Yearbook-2008/dp/0713683716 or you can get one from the library, I don't think that you're allowed to take it out though :confused: Been a long time since I looked through it.
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ali1972 wrote: »
    Writing letters to The Sun is good for £10 every week or so. Just keep it succinct (30 words, no more) and keep it relevent (check the headlines that day). You can email the letter (so no cost of stationery or a stamp) and you can access the articles online (no cost of a paper which I don't want to read anyway). When I can be bothered to do it regularly I find it does pay!

Also, the tips sections in Take a Break, That's Life etc do seem to be short of material. Well worth a go - particularly if you send a photo. I've had quite a few published. I have to say though, some of them must be made up by staff - especially the one that said "save money on spin drying by putting your freshly washed underwear in a salad spinner"... ugh!

hanks for this, I,ve just seen a blooper in print and know some mags like to print these things. Now I just have to find out which ones and how to do it for free i.e. not pay for mag ;)
    p.s. dont try the salad spinning thing at home it can make your bum dizzy
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • I love reading the tips in Real People and that, I just emailed one in, I hope they pick it I could could use the money!

Some of the tips must be made up, some people are not that cheap, surely!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure