County court claim

Options

Comments

• sheraaz76
    sheraaz76 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Little update on the case.Still no particulars of claim issued to me or the court.Defence submitted and now I received a n180 directions questionnaire.
    Any advise whats the best thing to don :/
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Complete the DQ - send it back
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sounds like its not going to be dealt with by the bulk claims and will be transferred to your local court
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • sheraaz76
    Options
    chanz4 wrote: »
    Sounds like its not going to be dealt with by the bulk claims and will be transferred to your local court
    Is that a good or a bad thing to happen :D
  • fatbelly
    Options
    sheraaz76 wrote: »
    Is that a good or a bad thing to happen :D

Always good. Your defence has a chance.
  • sheraaz76
    Options
    The claimant didn't bother to supply me with anything or send the POC out to court or myself but they were very quick to submit their DQ to court but again didn't send me a copy of it .Should I tick the meditation service ?

Thank you
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Makes little difference either way. Some people think it looks like you are being reasonable to tick it. I think unless you are genuinely willing to negotiate, you are just wasting everyone's time by ticking it.
  • sheraaz76
    Options
    i have gathered all the evidence together and need to show them that I do not have a outstanding loan with them,but I was thinkink over the phone it will be hard to explain and show them the evidence :D
  • sheraaz76
    Options
    Hi MSE Folks ,
    another update:

I received this letter from court N24 General form of Judgement or Order.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1.The claimant shall file and serve by *pm on *September 2017,copies of original loan agreement and a schedule detailing a breakdown of the costs and charges that make up the sum claimed.In default of doing so the claim shall be dismissed.

Well I had asked them several times but they never replied,hope they do now :D
  • fatbelly
    Options
    They are being ordered to do so by the court.

Note the date and time.

On the following day ask the court if they have received ALL the documents (file means send to the court, serve means send to you) ordered. If neither you nor the court have received these ask for the claim to be struck out.

Courts often delay this to give the claimant a bit of leeway, but there's no good reason why they should.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure