interactive Investor no longer

2»

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    yes
    All you need to do is to set the DD amount to zero and leave it there.

Transfer a variable amount is as present and adjust the regular investment accordingly.

It is quite happy to take nothing with the DD and invest £variable in funds/shares. This is how I reinvest dividends into a different holding.

Pay into the platform by debit card once a month depending how much you want to invest and
  • granta
    granta Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    no
    greenglide wrote: »
    All you need to do is to set the DD amount to zero and leave it there.

Transfer a variable amount is as present and adjust the regular investment accordingly.

It is quite happy to take nothing with the DD and invest £variable in funds/shares. This is how I reinvest dividends into a different holding.

Pay into the platform by debit card once a month depending how much you want to invest and

Thanks! I think I have come full circle on this...it's because customer services categorically told me that you could not do regular investing via debit card payments and only DDs would be accepted. But you are right, it's possible to set the DD to zero and make a manual payment, allowing 2 days to clear, and then set up the regular investing funds.

The only other difference I am struggling with now is having to set up the fund/shares instructions at least 10 working days before they are instructed. Do you have any ways around that?!
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    yes
    The only other difference I am struggling with now is having to set up the fund/shares instructions at least 10 working days before they are instructed. Do you have any ways around that?!
    I am not sure about that!

It will let me change the amounts to be invested not and by implication this will be the amount invested in January. If I change the DD amount it tells me that the January DD has already been taken so the change will only be effective from then. If I change the one off amount it doesn't say that this will only be effective from February.

I have the monthly amount set to £25, the DD set to zero and the one off amount I change to whatever amount I want to invest above the £25 for that month. Remember that my investment amounts come from dividends for that month (if any) not external money.
  • i'm pretty sure you can change everything except the direct debit amount as late as 1 working day before the regular investment date. i.e. you can change amounts of each investment, and can also add and remove investments.

(this is based on how i was using regular investments when it was td direct. ii has moved over to td direct's system, so i assume it will work the same way.)
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    no
    i'm pretty sure you can change everything except the direct debit amount as late as 1 working day before the regular investment date. i.e. you can change amounts of each investment, and can also add and remove investments.

(this is based on how i was using regular investments when it was td direct. ii has moved over to td direct's system, so i assume it will work the same way.)

^^^^This is the way I have always used the Regular Investment facility, (long term iii customer).
  • granta
    granta Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    no
    i'm pretty sure you can change everything except the direct debit amount as late as 1 working day before the regular investment date. i.e. you can change amounts of each investment, and can also add and remove investments.

Mollycat/grey gym sock - thanks. I too am a longish term ii customer and so I would be keen to hear more about your experiences of regular investing on the new platform.
    I've had several long-winded conversations with customer services (after waiting over 30 minutes in a queue each time!) who have all told me that they need 10 days' notice for fund/shares instructions. Apparently, this is not a platform issue, but a new company policy. However, they have not informed us on their website or terms and conditions as to these changes. They suggested I raise a complaint about this and the more people, the better (they said!).
    I have also been told by one staff member that I could change instructions until the day before so I am confused about who to believe.
  • mollycat
    mollycat Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    no
    granta wrote: »
    Mollycat/grey gym sock - thanks. I too am a longish term ii customer and so I would be keen to hear more about your experiences of regular investing on the new platform.
    I've had several long-winded conversations with customer services (after waiting over 30 minutes in a queue each time!) who have all told me that they need 10 days' notice for fund/shares instructions. Apparently, this is not a platform issue, but a new company policy. However, they have not informed us on their website or terms and conditions as to these changes. They suggested I raise a complaint about this and the more people, the better (they said!).
    I have also been told by one staff member that I could change instructions until the day before so I am confused about who to believe.

Hi Granta; can't really help you very much other than to say I've never heard of this. Unless it's new following the change??
  • i don't know, but my guess is that the 10 days is for changing a direct debit, and the phone support aren't aware of how regular investing can be used without actually adding any money via DD.

i just had a regular investment go through (on 21 feb) OK. and i don't have any money being added via DD - it was just mopping up cash from recent dividends. now, IIRC i did set up the instruction (via the website) at least 10 days before the trade date. but i'd be surprised if 1 day ahead wouldn't have worked equally well. the web interface doesn't look different.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure