iPhone insurance

robti
robti Posts: 202 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi looking at some real life recommendations for insurance for my iPhone, have had various iPhones over the last few years and never bothered before but now up to a 8 plus and the replacement cost is rising so thought to ask here, so can anyone help with this ?
Thanks

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry can't help with insurance but wondered if you were insuring against damage rather than theft whether an alternative might be to get a robust case and screen protector.

This company offer some but I've never used them myself.
    https://www.tech21.com/en_gb
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • robti
    robti Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks first thing I do is screen protector and case when I get a new phone, so theft really
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Have you looked at the 'Packaged' bank accounts offered by the likes of Nationwide, Halifax and Nat West?

They offer mobile insurance, travel insurance and car breakdown cover for a monthly fee.

Certainly for us, this worked out the cheapest way of insuring the phones.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    robti wrote: »
    Thanks first thing is screen protector and case when I get a new phone, so theft really

I insured for lost and theft of up to £3000 for outside of the home through my house insurance. It added £2 a month onto my house insurance.

I did it because I was taking a iPad, iPhone and £1000 camera to Barbados. After the holiday I just kept paying it as I thought it was a great deal to be paying £2 a month to cover £3000 of equipment outside of the home.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Have you looked at the 'Packaged' bank accounts offered by the likes of Nationwide, Halifax and Nat West?

They offer mobile insurance, travel insurance and car breakdown cover for a monthly fee.

Certainly for us, this worked out the cheapest way of insuring the phones.
    I'd also recommend this route.
  • Sparkiee
    Sparkiee Posts: 13 Forumite
    I’ve had mine from a packaged bank account for a few years now and it’s been fine. I’ve claimed for my wife dropping hers down the toilet and had no issues. There always seems to be £100 excess but that seems to be fairly normal practice.
  • NineDeuce
    NineDeuce Posts: 997 Forumite
    The first thing to do is get rid of the Iphone and get a phone that cost about 20% of the price.

Unbelievably, these phones also make calls, send messages and go on social media too.....
  • Another vote for a packaged bank account here as well. We are with the Co-Op (unfortunately not available any more). We pay £11 per month and it covers up to 4 phones and we also get worldwide travel insurance with it that covers us until we're 75.
    £75 excess on iphones which we've used twice for damage and theft and received excellent service
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 January 2018 at 8:08PM
    I think the service center of the manufacturer should know the answer to your question, since this is part of their obligation

That is incorrect no manufacturer is obligated to give you insurance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure