Technika TV Warning!!

1234568»

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Big brands, sold in supermarkets can also be suspect, as some (all?) manufacturers do 'special' models (check the model code)which can only be bought from these outlets. These are made down to a price by economising on parts.

My husband was given this information by a big manufacturer's rep.
  • UnluckyT
    UnluckyT Posts: 486 Forumite
    I bought a technika tv a few months ago and i dont get any signal at all, even when ive borrowed a boosted areal i got no signal. And ive lost the reciept. Daft of me and am kicking myself for my stupidity.
    Trouble is if i call the housing association out and it not the communal areal im charged £90.
    Now trying to be tv free.
  • UnluckyT wrote: »
    I bought a technika tv a few months ago and i dont get any signal at all, even when ive borrowed a boosted areal i got no signal. And ive lost the reciept. Daft of me and am kicking myself for my stupidity.
    Trouble is if i call the housing association out and it not the communal areal im charged £90.
    Now trying to be tv free.

Surely one of your neighbours or family member will let you borrow one of their TV's for a few minutes to see if it's your communal aerial that's at fault.

As regards losing your receipt, if you bought by debit or credit card, you can show your statement as proof of purchase. And many stores, such as Maplin, can trace your purchase if you give them the store location and approximate date of purchase.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • UnluckyT
    UnluckyT Posts: 486 Forumite
    i managed to sort it. i played around with the tv and i had somehow switched off the freeview and tuned it into something else. daft mare i am.
  • Hi all got a technika tv that's 4 years old but its got what am told is a software issue and will not work. Been on to tesco s who would have been happy to help, if I had the receipt or used my club card or a bank statement. I have none with it being 4 years ago it was paid for will cash for my local store as a Christmas present. Tesco would have been happy to help if I had any of this info, but I don't :( can anyone tell me what I can maybe do now, as it ashame to throw it away? Many tks steve
  • Maybe able to help if you post details all the details re: the issue and the model number.
  • Model number : m32/57g-gb-FTCU-uk.
    Problem turn tv on black screen with the words scanning do not switch off. At bottom a 0% to100% scroll bar comes up goes from 0 to 100 and starts again just keeps doing this the tv buttons do nothing to stop this happening or the remote :(
  • Hi replied to your post tks. Steve
  • steeeb
    steeeb Posts: 373 Forumite
    lgys15653 wrote: »
    Model number : m32/57g-gb-FTCU-uk.
    Problem turn tv on black screen with the words scanning do not switch off. At bottom a 0% to100% scroll bar comes up goes from 0 to 100 and starts again just keeps doing this the tv buttons do nothing to stop this happening or the remote :(

Does the menu/settings button work, is there an option to restore to factory settings?

http://www.skymediauk.co.uk/Downloads/User%20Guide%20-%20LCD32-270%20-%20M32-57G-GB-FTCU-UK.pdf is the manual.

Press MENU followed by 8,8,8,8. First time installation menu will then appear and you can hopefully then retune.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure