Telecoms credit reclaiming. Guide discussion

Comments

• I have just phoned three and im due back £25.08 from way back at th ebeggining of 2009. im happy. energy bills for the week. :j
    Live each day as if its your last
  • jakadr
    jakadr Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 November 2010 at 11:59AM
    I called TalkTalk straight after reading Martin's article. I moved house in April and switched to BT with the move. I told TalkTalk in plenty of time, had even intended staying with them but they couldn't offer what I needed and BT could, so I cancelled the service for the day I moved, April 1st(!). For the next 3 months they continued to send me bills and I informed them each time I called that it was they who owed me money for advance rental payment for April. Finally I got a letter 'of apology', well sort of, saying I didn't need to take any action because they'd get back to me within 30 days to confirm everything had been sorted out. That was in August and I heard nothing more. So, I rang them on Thursday, Nov 4th, quoted Martin's article, and was told a refund of £51.54 had been authorised on the 3rd Nov and would be with me by Monday! They only owed me £13.99 so the additional compensation money is very welcome. Hopefully the cheque will arrive or the money will appear in my account. Thank you Martin.
  • I have £23.16 on its way from Vodafone and a nice £73.25 from Orange. I checked with Virgin Media and i have £394 in service charges PLUS £150 for the rental of a tv box that i should not of been charged for.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!
  • vwelsh13
    vwelsh13 Posts: 259 Forumite
    my hubbie is owed pay n go credit from vodaphone but we don't have the old number anymore - do anyone know if they (voda) ccould trace it?
  • bendover
    bendover Posts: 11 Forumite
    I was a broadband customer with Virgin Media a couple of years ago and I now have a cheque for £4.80 on it's way to me. Not much but it's better than nothing.

Thanks Martin!
  • My partner had over £89 credit on an old pay as you go mobile - would we be able to claim this back? He called the company at the time and they said NO!

Any help?
  • Getting £2.95 from O2 and £3 from Pipex. Talk Talk state they have updated their 2 years ago and because I don't have my account number they can't do anything. Seems a bit odd as I used them for my landline and they can't trace me because I don't have the account number. I think I will write a letter to OFCOM about them.
  • I read in sunday paper about reclaiming monies owed from telephone companies. I have known from feb that talktalk owed me £51.51 but to be honest i was just glad to eventualy get my service canceled it was i small price to pay. But i thought i'd give them a phone this evening using alternative number i found on SAYNOTO0870. I found number and was able to use my mobile and it was a free call. I have had worse experiences dealing with talktalk CC but this one wasnt bad but in saying that i was getting very frustrated when she kept asking the reason for wanting my money back. I had to explain 3 times that i cancelled my account but your company still insisted on talking my HARD EARNED money for a service i didnt want or wasnt using. I still dont think that the penny has dropped but at the end she agreed to give me a refund by cheque within 5 days (heres hoping) but now that i can get in touch with them for free i am going to torture them lol will keep you updated
  • I'm another with Talk, Talk who doesn't have a blinkin clue what her old account number was, and without it they can't (should that read WON'T) even check! If they are meant to keep records for 6 years surely they can cross reference it by my phone number? Or is that just expecting too much of the blinkin Indian Call Centre!
  • Hi there!

I've just spoken to a chap at 3 and asked if there was any credit remaining on my account. He confirmed there was and processed the refund immediately for £13.08 which should be in the bank within 7 days.

Success!

£13.08
    £2.4k received back from HSBC in charges!! Woo! That's MY money, HSBC, thanks!

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarah_fry

Please help Cancer Research by sponsoring me. I promise to send everyone who sponsors me a photo of me looking really knackered fter the race so you can have a laugh at my expense!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure