Home Insurance Cashback Success

Comments

• javajim
    javajim Posts: 146 Forumite
    loveday wrote: »
    When we moved house, the solicitor advised against having separate buildings and contents cover because he said it can lead to insurers fighting between them as to who will pay for something...

Another thing to remember. If you do have to make a claim and you have separate buildings and contents cover you could have to pay the first £100 etc on each policy if it is a claim for both contents and buildings, such as a fire.
  • bridjohns
    bridjohns Posts: 6 Forumite
    :money: I have recently been quoted 220.00 for both contents and building insurance,,, I shopped around and found that the co-op was cheaper at 206.00 for the same policy, but with the cashback site I get a further 73.00 off. GREAT NEWS...... now only paying 133.00 for the year ........
    MSE_Wendy wrote: »
    articlealert.gif

This discussion relates to cashback success for home insurance as mentioned in the
    To report your success click reply

To discuss home insurance or ask a question read this thread
  • view
    view Posts: 2,242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can someone help? Everytime I try to get a home insurance quote through Morethan I fill in all sections and take it through to the end, however, it only ever offers content insurnace, with building insurance greyed out.

I have tried to add buildings insurance, however, cannot select this.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    GJ x
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Took out AIG buildings and contents insurance via topcashback. com = £140.00 - £75 cashback. Very nice :j :j :j
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Year 1 was Barclays paid around £5 monthly DD,went thru Quidco so £95 cashback.However after 3 months this hadn't appeared so cancelled and went for Lloyds which was about £68 and got £120 cashback.Then out of the blue Barclays paid up £95! Profit of £87 and free house insurance.I'm with someone else again this year,LOL
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • Took out insurance for both in May £120 tracked, paid out beginning of July.

Very pleased - would recommend

IP
  • I saved £25 by following MSE advice about home insurance. As I rent my property I only wanted contents which reduced the options but a saving of £25 (including the extra fee for monthly payment rather than one off) is excellent - thank you
  • :D As we have a house tied to my husbands job in the Armed Forces we only require contents. Renewal was quoting £175 so I went online to Tesco compare and AA came out at around £58 for better cover than my existing policy. They phoned me within a few hours of the online quote and said I could have the insurance for £38 if they could give me a no obligation car insurance quote. I couldn't refuse!
    I feel great - just saved myself £137!!!:T
  • I've just played a blinder, thanks to all the advice and experience from my fellow money savers.

The Woolwich quoted £510.96 to renew my buildings, contents and annual travel insurance for 2 adults and 2 children.

I got £500,000 bulidings cover plus accidental damage and legal expenses, with only £50 excess from Cooperative for £109.96 less £25 quidco cashback = £84.96.

Then I got £38,000 contents with accidental damage, legel, personal possesions and £50 excess from Asda Finance fro £102.81 less quidco cashback = £34.81

Then I got an Essential Annual Travel Policy for 2 adults and 2 children from Amex with a 5% online discount for £42.75 less quidco cashback = £35.75

Total £255.52 less quidco cashback of £100.00 = £155.52:rotfl:

I bought them all with my egg money card and got another 1% cashback.
    Yippee. Move over Ms Palin. Martin for president.

Just a note. It took me 6 hours of homework. But at a savings rate of £59.24 an hour, I'm still laughing all the way to the bank.:T :beer:
  • its worth noting that most home policies do not have a contract or cancellation fees if you pay monthly last year i made £700 and got free home insurance by simply changing everymonth and using cashbak sites. yay me
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback