PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all,

Bright shiny new thread, thanks Knitwitch and another thanks to Nuatha for the previous one, as well as a thanks to Fuddle who I think coined the garden fence title.

I've been busy. I have about 1/3 of a box of bilberries and hoping to make another foray today or tomorrow to hopefully have enough for jam. I've also got 2/3 of the lawn mowed. No mean feat as we've gone for an old fashioned rotary mower given extension lead and storage complications. It will be much easier when I finish mowing the forest that sprung up while we hemmed and hawed about what to do. I've also cleared some of the brambles and stinging nettles near areas where we walk but I may not bother with those behind trees etc. The birds have been eating the apples, or rather pecking one or two times at them, pushing them out of the tree and then moving on to the next ones like petulant toddlers. I've collected a bowlful. No idea if they're ripe enough for apple butter or crab apple jelly or not, but may give a small batch a go if I get time before we visit mum and dad.

I've still not had official confirmation of my new job yet. I know they've checked references, I think it is just waiting for someone Important to sign off on it.

OH are booked in at the local leisure centre for a pilates class tonight. I'm also making Delia's chilladas for tea so I'd better get the bulk of those made up at lunch so we can eat before we go.

Pollyanna, we have lots of threatening clouds and it was very windy yesterday and overnight, but no rain yet. I expect we'll get more than our fair share this evening so I'll try to send some along.

I hope all are well and big hugs to those who need them.xx
  • I think the glitch is fixed, I just logged in and got straight here and in the old format too! Many thanks to whoever fixed the problems, it was a little annoying having to log in every time I wanted to natter.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    thank you zippychick! :T

Amazing to see how long these threads have been running!

Hello again simplelivingcottage, how nice that you've joined us over here as well :)

Just been back to the opticians AGAIN to get my glasses adjusted AGAIN *rolls eyes* The dispensers are trying so hard for me, so hopefully the latest adjustment has done the trick.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    isn't it? i'm trying to create back histories for all the new ones. the weight loss one has ten!!! :eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Hello again too @ivyleaf I think I'm just dipping my toes into everything!! I'm just loving reading the back posts and know it's something I want to add to in the future. Plus all these new threads are helping :)
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Good afternoon. Can I join your shiny new thread too?

I tend to mostly post on the Cooking for One thread nowadays but have been reading this one for ages. So a bit about me. I live alone following the death of my hubby in 2012 when I was just 46. My children are all grown up now, daughter aged 25, son aged 23 and son aged 19, and have left home apart from the youngest who is at uni in Bangor and only comes back for about 4 weeks a year. He's currently in Pittsburgh working as a Camp Counsellor on Camp America and then will be travelling for 4 weeks before flying home.

I'm a full time university student myself studying Psychology with Criminology and will be starting my second year in September. I work part time at weekends in a car showroom and am using all of my money saving ways now more than ever!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone :)
  • Hello SUNNYGIRL, welcome to the thread, please bring some virtual rich tea biscuits if you have them, make a friend of the elephant it's so much safer when you're posting!!!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Waving my hand over the fence line. You can't see me due to my stool being occupied by elephants and monkeys! :D
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    No biscuit is safe in this house from me :rotfl: Digestives are a fave and I buy rich tea to put me off eating the whole packet in one sitting as they're not quite as yummy. Does it work?:rotfl: No!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback