Qmee - making money searching the web

Comments

• tefany
    tefany Posts: 32 Forumite
    Has anyone used Qmee.com? I signed up last week via an invite and so far have cashed out £4.30 to my Paypal, and everything looks legit.

The idea is that you install an app in your browser which when you search using Google, Bing, Amazon or eBay sometimes text ads will appear next to the results along with an amount you get for clicking on them. Tends to be around 7-15p depending on the search.

It's still in beta and invite-only but I know there's a few codes around. This is the one I used and still seems to be working https://www.qmee.com/?invite=C9D41FA5
    Wow really it is an easy way to make money, i like it :rotfl:. Thanks
  • tefany
    tefany Posts: 32 Forumite
    I signed up and earned 30p after doing some searches
  • Can't understand the treasure hunt idea! Does only the first person to get the right search word get the payment?
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's totally random, todays answers are football player names.
    I've had a 50p win

The other day, a friend searched for the same answer as me and got nothing, I searched a couple of hours after her and won £1.50
  • mimiduck
    mimiduck Posts: 194 Forumite
    I won today £1.50 and it only took me a few minutes to figure it out. It might be luck though which is strange as i don't usually have any! :D
  • I havent had a single penny from Qmee since this treasure hunt started. Maybe I should do my searches on Inboxpounds and Swagbucks instead.
  • Turns out that my Qmee extension for Chrome had gone wrong. I had to uninstall and reinstall it.
    So I never had any chance of finding anything with the treasure hunt :rotfl:
    I would advise doing a google search for Qmee every now and then, and see if the sidebar pops up. Would have saved me several days of frustration.
  • Does anyone else keeping getting a message from Qmee pop up everytime you use a Qmee website, that tells you to download their updated app?

I use Firefox and tried to download it but it keeps telling me there's an error with their app. My partner uses Chrome and when he clicks the link to download it, nothing happens
  • Tinman
    Tinman Posts: 880 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    sell my mobile phone & Envirofone on google
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Does anyone else keeping getting a message from Qmee pop up everytime you use a Qmee website, that tells you to download their updated app?

I use Firefox and tried to download it but it keeps telling me there's an error with their app. My partner uses Chrome and when he clicks the link to download it, nothing happens

I'm on Chrome and haven't experienced it however I do have some issues with my browser and I suspect it might be Qmee button causing it. I will re-install it actually.

Also, got a search win : Freya Sports Bra on Google.
    ally.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure