Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    The Cre8tor
    Crafty Bargain of the Day!
    • 9th Aug 13, 4:43 PM
    Crafty Bargain of the Day! 9th Aug 13 at 4:43 PM
    I've checked all the threads in our lovely new crafting forum and didn't find a thread which I could post this, so thought if I made a thread, perhaps we could all share the bargains we've come across, not just to share the joy but also pass on the details of where to buy the item in case the rest of us crafty folks were interested.

We maybe could share details of Sales; Special Offers; Gifts on magazines; Money off vouchers for craft stores; etc., or little bargains we've come across which might just be of use to someone else in their crafting.

I've just come home with a bargain which I'm filled with joy bubbles about, - so thought I'd share it in case anyone else might be interested in these too.

I dropped in to my local Store 21 and noticed some 'stickable gems' hanging on a display rack. When I checked them out I saw that they were meant to be for children to craft with, decorate their school books, or even stick on their bodies. There was no price on them so I checked with the lady on the till and to my surprise they were just 50p a pack.

Being a newbie I sadly can't post a photograph of the packs I bought (wish I could) - so I'll try to describe them as best as possible:

They aren't 'loose' gems, they're all affixed to a strip of tape which you can peel off and then stick onto paper, card, or whatever your project is.

They had different 'patterns'. Some were arranged in a scallop shape; some were a scroll shape. Others were small, laid on their sides 'S' shapes and there were a couple of other patterns too.

They're in a long see through packet with the gems all stuck to their tape, which is stuck on acetate (for easy removal), with a strip of black paper behind them so that you can clearly see the gems and the pattern that they're arranged in.

They're called: 'Krystal Art'.

In length each gem strip is just under 12" - so they'd work brilliantly on 12 x 12 papers for scrapbooking. But you could cut them down to whatever size you need for your project.

They're available in purple, lavender, pink, blue and clear gems.

At only 50p a pack they're an absolute bargain! They're worth a look at if you like to use gems in your card making, scrapbooking or any other crafting.
    Last edited by The Cre8tor; 10-08-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: editted because I'm a numbskull and missed out a word which made a sentence total nonsense!
Page 5
  • The Cre8tor
    I popped into my local Lidl a few days ago and had a wander around their 'this weeks special offers' and found a non stick, Teflon coated, baking sheet for £1.69. I cheekly, carefully opened a box to see if it was like the non stick crafting sheet that I use on my crafting desk for various things including my hot glue gun and using my heat embossing gun. It's the same stuff!

It's not that biscuity brown colour of the normal crafting heat mats, - this one is black - but hey... who cares what colour it is! My re-usable crafting heat mat (sheet) originally cost me £8.49, and this one from Lidl is exactly the same size, made of the same stuff and it was just £1.69!

I've tried it by squeezing a good ol' glug of hot melt glue onto it, and leaving it to go cold and the set glue came away easily.

This re-usable baking sheet isn't one of their 'this weeks special offers' - I think it was last weekends - but I know that they had about 25 boxes left when I bought mine, so if you're looking for a re-usable mat for your embossing or glue gun then it might be worth a trip to your Lidl to see if they have some left. At £1.69 it's a great buy!
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
    • Scrapmate
    • By Scrapmate 9th Feb 14, 3:01 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    Scrapmate
    The LIDL mats are great to use as craft sheets. I use them for heat embossing and friendly plastic as well.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
    • Violetta
    • By Violetta 11th Feb 14, 7:46 PM
    • 3,513 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    Violetta
    Thanks for that I picked up 1 of the heat mats last night when I was in, it's not something I would have looked at previously.
    Booo!!!
    • Battybird
    • By Battybird 16th Feb 14, 12:53 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Battybird
    20% off at Hobbycraft, online and instore, until Sunday Feb. 23rd. Saw it on their homepage and their facebook page.

(I think you'll have to print a voucher off if you want to buy instore.)
    Last edited by Battybird; 16-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.
  • The Cre8tor
    Collall Glue. 100ml bottles. These are £9.99 for 3 bottles, plus £2.99 p&p on Create and Craft ... however - I found it in The Range, this morning, for £1.00 a bottle. Exact same glue, exact same size. I even double checked with an assistant because I thought there had to be a mistake. She said that it was the correct price ... but I'm still thinking that this price has to be a mistake. I bought two. Buy it now before someone finds out that they're charging a heck of a lot more for this elsewhere and the price goes up!
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 15th Mar 14, 10:25 AM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 15,504 Thanks
    calleyw
    wanted some jute twine been looking on ebay.

Was in my local wilkinsons and had a look in the gardening section. 125m for £1.25 or 250m for £2.00.

Its only the thin stuff but not a great loss if I don't use it. Of course this is a seasonal item in wilkinsons.

Yours

Calley
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 4th Apr 14, 7:22 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Your chance to win some card/paper worth £10 from Craft Creations.
    Ends Sunday (but someone has wrongly moved to game over board!!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=65153701#post65153701
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Thank You
    • qwiksave
    • By qwiksave 10th Apr 14, 8:16 PM
    • 4,482 Posts
    • 16,829 Thanks
    qwiksave
    Thought those of us who are crafters would like to know that Create & Craft tv channel has free p&p on most products for a few days as they are celebrating their 11th birthday.
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
    • glynisrose
    • By glynisrose 11th Apr 14, 7:45 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    glynisrose
    I think that C & C could have come up with more than just free P & P for their birthday!!
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 24th May 14, 5:14 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Deals for this w/e
    weekend deals- mainly free p&p here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4978972
    (not allowed to duplicate the post- against rules- I have already been repremanded today!!)
    and free P&P from Hobbycraft for £5 and over shop. I have put that code on the codes & discounts board

Thank You
  • The Cre8tor
    Shopping in Tesco the other day I came across some little baskets in the childrens garden range of stuff priced at £2.50. I instantly knew that this was just the thing I needed for all the lengths of lace I have wound around bits of card, - and which I have nowhere to store. I chose a blue basket. Got it home and couldn't believe how brilliant this little basket was, and kicked myself for not thinking about buying another one for all my scissors (they're a real pain in the rear end as the pot I have them all stored in topples over all the time), and also for all the various rolls of double sided tape and foam/dimensional tape I have, again with nowhere to store them.

I had to pop to Tesco's again today and remembering the baskets I thought I'd have another look for them - just in case they had any left. (I really didn't think they would). Oh ye of little faith! Not only did they have some left, but they've put them on a special price for a few days of £2.00.

I thought they were a good buy for my craft room at £2.50 - but £2 is an even better buy, so thought I'd share the bargain with folks here in case any of you need a bit more storage in a 'trug' basket type of mode.

They have them in the blue which I bought (not quite a Martha Stewart blue, but that kind of look) and the green & pink as above, ... and I think they had them in yellow too, but I may be confusing them with another childrens item which was next to the garden tidy baskets so don't hold me to that one.

They're not big - but not small either. They're perfect for either sitting on your desk, or on a shelf, or floor, until you need them. One side of the length has one long basket, and the other side has two - one at a third size, the other two thirds size. And they all come with a little handy carrying handle.

All colours are now £2. each -but I don't know how long the offer is on for.

• Battybird
    • By Battybird 26th Oct 14, 9:24 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Battybird
    I bought some Perfect Pearls (powder, made by Ranger) in Hobbycraft today. 3 of the colours, Blue Smoke, Blue Patena and Rust had a £1 shelf label. (I think the other colours cost £3.30.)

I took them to the till to check the price,

and they only cost 50p.
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 23rd Jan 15, 10:56 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    30% silicone sets + free card draw(FB)
    This weekend only at Craft Creations- see the online newsletter here for details:
    http://www.craftcreations.com/News.aspx?SectionID=941&utm_source=mailinglist&utm _medium=email&utm_campaign=Giveaway%20%2B%20Offer

Thank You
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 26th Mar 15, 2:25 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    If you use emulsion testers- £1at B&Q
    Valspar testers @ £1 instead of £2.58 (235ml.) Limlted to 3 per customer.
    Offer available march 27th- April 19th

Thank You
    • Battybird
    • By Battybird 26th Mar 15, 9:34 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Battybird
    There's loads and loads of reduced dies and some embossing folders on the Sizzix uk website. The lowest priced die is only £1.04, and there are some xl dies costing £7. Shipping costs £6.94.

(I've already typed about these on the Big Shot Plus thread, but don't know if many people will have noticed it.)
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 3rd Aug 15, 10:36 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Sharpie pens- 24 for £6.99
    Pack of assorted colours- fine tip. said to be a saving of £10
    In WHSmiths- you need to buy any stationery item at the same time to qualify. Cheqpest things I could find (in a rush) were 99 pence.
    Loads in the window!

Thank You
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 1st Jan 16, 12:37 PM
    • 3,591 Posts
    • 36,190 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Craft magazines- 5 issues for £5
    Just typed in a long list of titles in the thread quoted below.
    Some craft magazines listed in this offer including cross stitch, card making, knitting, crotchet, sewing , quilting & the title 'Mollie Makes'
    Good for presents (or for self??!!)
    post 2592
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1075149&page=130

Thank You
    • glynisrose
    • By glynisrose 3rd Jan 16, 11:32 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    glynisrose
    The Works has a sale on to make room for new lines, cheap evertthing and Online too!!
    • Battybird
    • By Battybird 12th Aug 17, 11:34 PM
    • 282 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    Battybird
    Hobbycraft are having an art sale. I bought Pebeo Dyna paints (often demo'd by Sheena on the telly) and Pebeo Metallics. They cost £2 each instead of £4. They also had Pebeo Opaque and Fluorescent.

There's lots of other things in the art sale, including Promarkers.

(And a big thumbs down to my son. 'Cos I'm useless with the internet, he reads my emails for me. He just asked me where I'd been today. He then told me he'd forgotten that I'd received a 20% off voucher code. Still, it's a good excuse for me to visit Hobbycraft again.)
    Last edited by Battybird; 12-08-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,791Posts Today

7,856Users online

Martin's Twitter